A little frustrated with the lack of activity on the scales.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Maybe go lower carb than what your eating now

If it’s safe miss breakfast eat at lunchtime. Longer burning protocol

You are either in fast or feed mode. If you can extent the fast mode you will burn more fat

kazd63

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe go lower carb than what your eating now

If it’s safe miss breakfast eat at lunchtime. Longer burning protocol

You are either in fast or feed mode. If you can extent the fast mode you will burn more fat

Tbh I could quite happily go until dinner time without eating but I thought your blood sugars rose when you didn't eat.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you don't already, you could try timing your dog walk in the evening to be right after you've had your last food of the day, and make that your 'carbiest' meal if you are aiming for a daily carb limit.

When I was in my most successful routine for weight loss and blood sugar control, I was eating by 7PM then going straight out for a fairly brisk hour's walking. I generally avoided any more food once I'd got back from the evening walk, but sometimes I'd have no more than a cup of tea with 30ml milk and 15 pistachio nuts just so I wasn't going to be horribly hungry, and I could have a decent sleep.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Tbh I could quite happily go until dinner time without eating but I thought your blood sugars rose when you didn't eat.

Blood sugars should drop when you don’t eat

Have you read the book The Diabetic Code by Jason Fung. I think it will explain everything

kazd63

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you don't already, you could try timing your dog walk in the evening to be right after you've had your last food of the day, and make that your 'carbiest' meal if you are aiming for a daily carb limit.

When I was in my most successful routine for weight loss and blood sugar control, I was eating by 7PM then going straight out for a fairly brisk hour's walking. I generally avoided any more food once I'd got back from the evening walk, but sometimes I'd have no more than a cup of tea with 30ml milk and 15 pistachio nuts just so I wasn't going to be horribly hungry, and I could have a decent sleep.

Yep that is exactly what I am doing, I eat breakfast at work but that can be anything from 8:30am to 10:30am and have a ten minute walk at 10:30am, then lunch about 12:00 and a 30 min walk straight after, dinner varies but walk is normally within the 90 min window from start of eating as that is when I test my BG. If I have been watching something interesting and the walk is delayed slightly I have been known to test my bg in the middle of a field lol. Majority of the time I don't eat anything else (massive departure from before, no walking and ice cream and chocolate about 8:30pm). I have made some sf jelly and mascarpone mousse a couple of times and have had them as a treat when I get back from the walk and I have also had some salted peanuts but decided they are probably too risky, on opening the bag I measure out 50g but then the next time I might just eat the rest of the bag (150g) I think I have a greedy gene! I have also on a couple of occasions had a baby bel before going to sleep as I had read it can help reduce morning BG and it did. The other thing I have notice since changing my diet is 9/10 I actually go to sleep and wake with the alarm, normally I would wake in the night and need the loo or wake before my alarm. I also feel like my mood has lifted, am a very happy go lucky type but would immediately upon waking feel quite depressed, the minute I was up and out of bed it would be gone, don't seem to have that now. I noticed this last time I went sugar free for a period of weeks in the run up to the glucose test at the doctors a couple of years ago.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought your blood sugars rose when you didn't eat.
Not for everyone.. you'll have to try it for yourself.
Also you have been doing this for a month? I think you may need to give it a bit longer before getting frustrated.
Try cutting the carbs a bit more and skipping a meal and see what happens. There are no strict rules (although I reckon that the lower the carbs the easier) and by skipping a meal that is one less insulin response you are having. You are getting loads of benefits so stop obsessing about numbers and get on with enjoying feeling well. Maybe just for fun weigh yourself before having a pee and weigh yourself after then do the same before and after a poo - you may be amazed at the difference and stop worrying about a pound here and there.