Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
Hello all.

I am fairly new to all this but just got my meter a few days ago and my readings upon waking up and testing before and 2 hours after have been ranging from 6.1 to 6.3. No higher.

Thats a good start right? I was diagnosed 3 months ago with a blood result of 112. (Still don't really know what that is.)

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful progress, @Major Buckmaster. An HbA1c of 112 is actually quite high and reflects average blood sugar readings between 12 and 12.5 mmol. So, you have cut this in half.

If you continue along this path, blood sugars might even improve more. Well done and congrats.

Edited to add: I mistakenly looked at the wrong row, an HbA1c of 112 actually corresponds to an average blood glucose of 17 mmol -- so your achievement is even more impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

I am fairly new to all this but just got my meter a few days ago and my readings upon waking up and testing before and 2 hours after have been ranging from 6.1 to 6.3. No higher.

Thats a good start right? I was diagnosed 3 months ago with a blood result of 112. (Still don't really know what that is.)
You're doing great! Well done!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking good from here. I found reducing carbs and walking a bit more in a day really helped.
Good luck Major B.

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
Wonderful progress, @Major Buckmaster. An HbA1c of 112 is actually quite high and reflects average blood sugar readings between 12 and 12.5 mmol. So, you have cut this in half.

If you continue along this path, blood sugars might even improve more. Well done and congrats.

Edited to add: I mistakenly looked at the wrong row, an HbA1c of 112 actually corresponds to an average blood glucose of 17 mmol -- so your achievement is even more impressive.
Oh that's good! Feeling very pleased in that case!

Elaine p

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thank you. You've helped me feel better. I have cut carbs right down. My exercise is okay but hopefully will do more!
You’re doing great! It’s hard to get your head round all the information out there isn’t it but keep up the good work x

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
You’re doing great! It’s hard to get your head round all the information out there isn’t it but keep up the good work x

Goodness. Yes it is! Some days I want to hide in my bed with a large bar of dairy milk and cry lol. But this forum has helped so much.❤️

Reactions: LeftPeg