A little update from me

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just thought i would post an update after having sugar levels in the 20s im now on insulin once a day and wow wot a difference my level is now in the 7s so very happy bunny i am now thanks for everyone who gave me advice in my last post you are really helpful.

As for the injections it really is nothing at all was really supprised how simple and painless it was i feel so much better my DSN nurse is really nice and i can ring her anytime i want so really pleased with things now.Think i am one of the lucky ones where i dony feel the need to eat all the time and im on week 2 now and not gained a pound yet so happy about that

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really great that the insulin isn't causing you any problems, and that it is working. You will feel so much better now.

Reactions: 2 people

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
thank you yes i feel alot better and apart from a headache first few days ive been fine they have stopped now .Im so glad its working for me :)

Reactions: 3 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Sounds like you took to it like a duck to water :)

It's great if you have a good team behind you and, as you said, the injections aen't painful (I know because when I wastraining to be a nurse we were encouraged to inject ourselves with saline or water - wouldn't happen now LOL).

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
lol yes i havent found a problem at all they injections are so easy to do and just totally painless it hurts more testing ur blood.:)

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congrats sounds like a good result for you. I was in the 20's but now on Lantus and even after just a couple of days my readings are in the 7's.

Reactions: 4 people

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks mine was same im alot more stable now with readings in the 6s and 7s ive been fine on the lantus no problems at all and no weight gain which im happy about :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done Cath and Sallybear. It sounds as though things are going well for you both. :)

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am now on basal/bolus and doing much better, no longer spiking to late teens every time I ate the slightest bit of carbs. Most of my readings are 5s or 6s, my first 90 days A1C was 7.1 down from 9.2 and my software is now saying it is 6.6 so we shall see. I haven't gained weight either which is a huge bonus.