A newbie hello and quick question....

ameliaB

Hi all,

I'm Amelia! Type 1 diabetic, so certainly not new to diabetes but definitely new to the forum. However, I have just found out I'm pregnant (yay - but also worried)!

It wasn't something planned so I haven't had chance for a talk with my Doctor yet, though I do have an appointment.

I'm in two minds really - half incredibly excited and half worried! I'd love to hear from others who have been through or are going thruogh pregnancies!

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Hello ameliaB and welcome to the forum.

If you take a look in here you might find some good tips and support:-
viewforum.php?f=21

RoyJ

Many women with type 1 have perfectly healthy babies although there is a lot of negativity on the internet.

Generally a pregnancy with diabetes needs a bit more planning than other pregnancies but it is manageable.

I definitely would see your GP or diabetic nurse quickly though, there are a couple of things you need to watch out for and they should be able to provide some helpful advice!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Amelia - welcome to the forum and congratulations. :) There will be plenty of people on here who will be able to help you whenever you need to know something.