A question on diet

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

I cant have high fat (gallbladder...) and i cant have high carbs and Im guessing that lots of protein is bad for me, so what can i eat. Im not diabetic but have insulin resistance and hyperinsulism.
Dairy is out because it triggers gallbladder issues....

What can i eat??? How much fat is the minimum required?

Best,
Alicki (lost in dieting....)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may well need a referral to a dietician!

In the meantime, i think I would go the vegetable route. If you mix any of the big 3 (carbs, fat or protein) with plenty of veg, then they will be slower to digest and more filling, allowing you to feel full without overloading on the things that will overload you.

I'm thinking stir fries, big salads, veg soups...

Hope that helps. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I would definitely recommend the vegetable route.

But, it's always what suits you!
We have to modify our fat intake to suit us, the same with carbs and sugars.
I make homemade soups, stews, curries to suit me.
I also eat a lot of eggs and salad vegetables, depending how I feel, surely fish in its many forms must be good for you!
And only testing and experience can give you all the answers you want.
But you have so much going on at the moment. So it's really difficult to tell you how to proceed, we can only guess!

All the best @Alicki

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the veggi route sounds good. I tried some feta crumbs tonight. Now waiting to see reaction - its summer so i usually eat less anyway. You re both stars! Thanks so much!!! I might try cold soups too

Reactions: 2 people

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
The veggi route with some carbs and fat makes sense. Testing Greek salad this evening (without olive oil). Let's see. If I can manage my diet then I might be able to keep gallbladder! But I really want to bring insulin resistance down, I'm still at 4.0 (norm 2.5). the hb1c?? Is a 5.4 without carbs so I know I need to be careful. Yes, Gilbert's syndrome, insulin resistance and now gallbladder is a full hand BUT it has forced me to rethink my way of eating!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The veggi route with some carbs and fat makes sense. Testing Greek salad this evening (without olive oil). Let's see. If I can manage my diet then I might be able to keep gallbladder! But I really want to bring insulin resistance down, I'm still at 4.0 (norm 2.5). the hb1c?? Is a 5.4 without carbs so I know I need to be careful. Yes, Gilbert's syndrome, insulin resistance and now gallbladder is a full hand BUT it has forced me to rethink my way of eating!

It is surprising how many different conditions can be improved just by restricting the amount and differing types of foods we ingest!

Atb
Nosher

Alicki

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep! Feeling much better

Reactions: 4 people