A Watershed Moment.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aye, I'm gonna need a bigger fridge.
On <20g carbs daily I could manage with a smaller fridge, but I like the luxury of my large one. IMO we should make the most of all low carb pleasures.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I still haven't thrown away my bread maker because of the hope that some day I will get round to a protein bread recipe which is edible.

Sadly, I had a really good recipe for a multi-grain wholemeal loaf which tasted divine. Ah.memories.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve just cleared out my freezer of all my vegetarian (carby) prepared foods, as most of those are not a thing I can eat any more and the family weren’t interested. Passed it on to a friend!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I still haven't thrown away my bread maker because of the hope that some day I will get round to a protein bread recipe which is edible.

Sadly, I had a really good recipe for a multi-grain wholemeal loaf which tasted divine. Ah.memories.

For me it is home made brioche.... oh Gawd, what have I done!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
You've dispensed with one more link to your past.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven’t yet summoned the courage to chuck it all out, I’ve been waiting until the rest of the family come round to the lchf way of eating - they are gradually getting there.

Today might have finally convinced them as I got my latest lipid screen back and ALL results are back in the normal range! I don’t think they believed until now that all the cream, cheese and full fat lovely food I was eating could possibly be good for you.

Might go for the big chuck out tomorrow.