A1c update

Donaldfr

Hi All

I was diagnosed about 8 years ago with a1c of 140+ and got it down to 40's till i had covid and it shot up to 116. Next a1c was 54 or 53 but latest one has come out at 38. Went on a diabetes rewind programme by nhs but i did not like the recommended shakes so just did it on soups and stopped at 9 weeks as i had lost more than 20 percent of body weight.
As soon as i stopped it, i started walking and now walking and running for a minimum of 20k steps. My last 30 days average is about 15km per day, i do 8 to 10k in evening and 5in afternoon. Longer walks on weekends as i have more time. Does get tiring after a 12 hour job but i have not gained anynweight since coming off vlcd in march. I have not lost further but for first time in years my cholesterol was normal too so happy with that. Still doing 16 8 IF but some days are harder than others.

Any recommendations what i could have before the run in evening. I can manage walk in afternoon but evenings are extremely hard as i only have soup and some chicken for lunch. I usually eat a boiled egg or two before i go for run but i think its not instant energy, but it does keep me ticking, i have gone without eating anything and i do struggle then.

My dinner is usually cauli rice with a meat or veg boiled or roasted with a huge bowl of salad.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your results are great and you are working very hard by doing low carb and an eating window + the 20k steps it seems.
Re the latter it does sound tiring after a long day so my suggestion is to step away from the 20k target and to replace it with some other physical activity that you enjoy if that's possible. Doing some resistance work would be more beneficial in terms of your insulin sensitivity (more muscle means more places to store excess glucose from your food and a higher metabolic rate) too plus overall fitness so wondering if you can do something along those lines. Yu don't have to join a gym as it can be done with bodyweight only or you can buy a kettle bell or dumb bells.
This has got to be sustainable for the rest of your life so if the thought of getting through 20k steps is filling you with dread perhaps its time to revaluate.