Abbot -,terrible communication

Getting_Fit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get so frustrated with abbot - the supplier to the NHS (and private customers like Zoe & USA private insurance etc). Their communication is dreadful. I had a sensor fall off so went on site to get number for helpline (you have to give sensor code etc and they replace) - only to see this message by chance. When asked for more details - helpline person says “an email was sent to all customers” - yet again, no email. They said this with a previously update and then forced to apologise as most users experienced a total loss of access for 3 + days. So been advised today to turn updates off (affecting security of devices) to prevent total loss of function until this is tested. In what universe does “total loss of function” mean “may affect your experience”!!!!! Where does it say that on this website notice? - we all use their bloody app, why can’t they communicate via the app?? Why don’t they send emails out??
IMG_1698227577.810514.jpg

Why don’t they say - a new update needs to be tested. It’s release date is x we intend to full test by x and will notify you as soon as completed -

What if anything, as our campaigning body doing about this?
Users who haven’t seen the website alert - suggest you don’t updated

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do they have your email address? If you’ve always had Libre on prescription, and never had to report a faulty one they won’t know who you are.

However, I’m still with you on the way they handled the whole July upgrade thing. Especially for iPhone users. Very poor.

Getting_Fit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes and I get some emails - had a reply from their IT people which referred me to a different website advising me to check compatibility via the manual. This took me to 5 pdf documents- and one is 145 pages long and is just the full user guide.

Why on earth don’t they have a message system with the app like you’d banking apps / shopping apps.

I’m actually angrier than I was in the first place