About DAPHNE

Elaine karen

Hello everyone I've only posted couple of times. Would like to have a bit of reassurance I've been on novamix 30 since last October. My Hbc1 was 106 then and I've got it down to 60 which diabetic team really pleased. I eat healthy and not overweight which is a good thing, but I've been given the libre 2 because I haven't stopped crying and so anxious about the whole disease. I been finger pricking numerous times during the day and that's another reason I've got the libre, which is amazing and I'm lucky to get it. But this week dr said he's going to put me on bolus regime and got to see nurse next Thursday to start it. I'm so worried incase I can't grasp it, he said thy will explain it all when I see nurse. Dr said I will be in better control of it and even though my levels are good it be best in long run. Someone said its all about carb counting, I do roughly work carbs out, but still am anxious about changing over. Any advice appreciated. Sorry for long post took alot for me to ask.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Basal bolus is more controlled than a mixed insulin

The basal is your long acting insulin and when you have the dose of that right it will keep you steady between meals

And the bolus you have with food to prevent post meal highs

It’s not that difficult todo and as you have the libre it will be much easier to keep an eye on what’s going on

Personally I would see it as a good move as better control will mean less risk of complications later on

So look at it as a positive move

Reactions: Elaine karen

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I'm sure you will find the Basal/Bolus regime far better and gives you more freedom with meal types and sizes. Having the Libre 2 which i myself have started today a real help. I can already see today that my insulin timing is wrong so with the Libre you should avoid hypos and have reasonable stability.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Basal/bolus will give you a lot more flexibility with what and when you eat as you can match your insulin to your food, rather than eating to match your insulin. Carbs and cals is a good visual guide to carb counting, I use the book but there is an app too.

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Spend plenty of time on here talking to others. I have learnt more on here in the last month than the entire 9 years I've had diabetes.

Wish I joined this site much sooner. Last 4 weeks I have turned a corner and improving things for the first time. Shame I'm battling with the complications related to my poor management of diabetes.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone I've only posted couple of times. Would like to have a bit of reassurance I've been on novamix 30 since last October. My Hbc1 was 106 then and I've got it down to 60 which diabetic team really pleased. I eat healthy and not overweight which is a good thing, but I've been given the libre 2 because I haven't stopped crying and so anxious about the whole disease. I been finger pricking numerous times during the day and that's another reason I've got the libre, which is amazing and I'm lucky to get it. But this week dr said he's going to put me on bolus regime and got to see nurse next Thursday to start it. I'm so worried incase I can't grasp it, he said thy will explain it all when I see nurse. Dr said I will be in better control of it and even though my levels are good it be best in long run. Someone said its all about carb counting, I do roughly work carbs out, but still am anxious about changing over. Any advice appreciated. Sorry for long post took alot for me to ask.

Hi,

Sounds like "MDI?" ( Multiple daily injections.) or if you like basal/bolus.

It is a more flexible aproach. Potentially giving better freedom & management.

Best wishes.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So I was on pills to manage my diabetes and in the end I had major issues.

So in Jan I was swapped to a basal bolas insulin regime and it’s made the world of difference.

My numbers are between mid 4s to mid 6s at fasting (usually in the low to mid 5s) and I’ve never felt better.

Once you have it dialled in it will be much better for you.