Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Almonds
Hi my name is Carol I got my state pension and bus pass January this year
I’m a widow and have 5 wonderful adult children and two Grandchildren
I live on the beautiful Isle of Wight
I’m a Christian and love working with the kids at church as well as being a assistant Squirrel/Beaver Scout leader

Honeyblossom

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m a Christian and love working with the kids at church as well as being a assistant Squirrel/Beaver Scout leader
Hi Carol, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy looking around on here and see what a friendly supportive group this is with plenty of tips and encouragement to improve your diabetes management.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hopeful34

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Carolann@58 ,

Welcome! For a moment there I thought you were an "assistant squirrel", and I was wondering how on earth to get a wonderful job like that, and whether it involved getting your own fluffy tail, haha. Needless to say I love squirrels almost as much as cats, so that's where my mind went, sorry! Used to be a scout, but we have different labels here in the Netherlands. (I was a "Kabouter", a Gnome: female, pre-teens). And the Isle of Wright... I'd love to walk around there with a camera. My landscape photography isn't very good -I focus more on animals- but in such surroundings one's bound to take a decent shot here and there, it can't be helped! There's comfort to be found in such places, I think. I hope that is true for you too, as I know full well widowhood is... You know. What it is. Some days are kind of okay-ish, some most decidedly are far from it. I am sorry for your loss.

Anyway, sorry about all the babbling. We actually know a thing or two about type two diabetes as well, so if there's anything we can help with, give a shout. ;)
Again, welcome!
Jo

• Friendly
Reactions: Hopeful34