About Time, I Reckon...

aardvarkark

Hi, I'm Elly. I have been living with Type 1 diabetes for 29 years and up till very recently HATED every minute.

I manage my hopeless diabetes with an Animas Pump and a fantastic lurcher called OsKar who alerts me to imminent hypos.

I have fought, struggled and embraced my diabetes - I may have had It but It doesn't have Me and perhaps for me, fighting is the best way to cope.

I've been through retinopathy, mega hypos, denial, anger and obsessiveness - however what I have learnt both about this and about life in general, is that we each experience things differently and the best thing is to share knowledge, if and when we can, without making it about ourselves - so I hope to get to know you too,

in love and light

Elly & OsKar

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Hi Elly and Oskar, I have type 2 and only diagnosed 2 years ago. Nothing better than getting out and about with your dog and feeling good about life :mrgreen: I have two weimaraners that keep me on my toes :roll:

Aubergenie

Dislikes
Weetabix, Twilight, Katherine Jenkins,
Hi Elly

Welcome to the forum.

How does your dog warn you of hypo's and how can I train my dog to do the same. (it will make change from him eating my shoes!)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Elly.
Welcome to the Forum. Have a good look around and we look forward to seeing your posts. Your experiences, good or bad, should be of benefit to many members.

Ken.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Welcome Elly and OsKar.
Would that my Italian Greyhounds were half as useful
Hana

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya elly and welcome,
my oldest dog warns me at times, im now trying to get my pup in training too :D

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello Elly and OsKar and welcome to the forum! :D