Abroad travel with diabetes

ngood94323

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have completed the Expert Diabetes course and they mentioned about travelling abroad and getting a letter from your GP for travelling with medication and finger prick device which the letter should be at no charge.
I spoke with the go secretary who said she would request the letter then I got a text to say your letter is ready and you need to bring £10 cash to collect it. On the other Speer course I was told that this letter should be provided at no cost so now o am unsure on the situation and who to check with. Anyone have any knowledge on it?

Paule Foster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have completed the Expert Diabetes course and they mentioned about travelling abroad and getting a letter from your GP for travelling with medication and finger prick device which the letter should be at no charge.
I spoke with the go secretary who said she would request the letter then I got a text to say your letter is ready and you need to bring £10 cash to collect it. On the other Speer course I was told that this letter should be provided at no cost so now o am unsure on the situation and who to check with. Anyone have any knowledge on it?

I was charged £25 at my GP’s surgery. I was asked to produce it coming back into the UK.

Reactions: filly

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've requested a letter from my GP on several occasions for travel overseas with medication, glucometer and test strips. No charge ... yet.

Reactions: Paule Foster

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've requested a letter from my GP on several occasions for travel overseas with medication, glucometer and test strips. No charge ... yet.
I have had the same letter for the last 5 years or more.
The letter should be written in such a way that it can be used again and again and again.
My letter is only replaced when it gets too tatty.