1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Accepting my body type.

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by Veryanxious, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Veryanxious

Veryanxious Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Finally i have decided to accept my body type as skinny. Yes i don't look like average population, so what. I am going to accept my body type as skinny and with it, Rather then look fat and calling on metabolic disease on myself. Trying to forgive self in self inducing diabetes by want to look fat.
    Thank you guys for your help and support.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Well done. Who wants to be average anyway?! If we were all the same it would be boring. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Veryanxious

Veryanxious Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Right? Can't believe i did to myself. I was already obese and was afraid to loose a single gram even when body wanted to just throw up and not eat.

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

And I did the opposite! I now know my body is the right size at just above BMI 25. I starved myself for years to try to stay at about 22 or less. It worked for a while but I messed up my metabolism and the weight piled on. It's still there!

Congratulate yourself on seeing the error of your ways much earlier than I did. If I could go back to tell my younger self something it would be to never ever diet and never to consume diet products.

Well done again on your new way of thinking.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook