Accu-Check Aviva Insight - handset issues

GJ300

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else finding the handset device way too slow, too many errors and just plain frustrating to use?

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is slow but, otherwise, I haven’t had any other problems with it. Had an Insight for 4 years.

Carlton1512

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When your diabetes misbehaves for no apparent reason.
Anyone else finding the handset device way too slow, too many errors and just plain frustrating to use?
Yes I find it incredibly slow and annoying to use, especially when you are in a bit of a rush. I haven't had to many errors thankfully. I'm grateful that I'm able to have a pump though.

Reactions: hodders and porl69

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It is slow, but never found it to be faulty. One major benefit is it can stack boluses on top of one another, very handy if having a multi course meal ;-)

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I like mine. It is a bit slow, but its recommended to reset occasionally by holding turn off button on top for 5 seconds until it turns fully off. Then simply turn on again

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes . I was warned about this as it is slower than a mobile phone etc. but works well other than the frustration of the 10 seconds spinning thing! Actually not using mine much since I have the fsl and the other annoyance with the meter is that it runs out of charge quickly.

RLMorgan

I've been on the Accu-Chek Combo for 4 years now and basically it works well. The only fly in the ointment is that you have to fill the vial (reservoir) yourself rather than use a prefilled cartridge on the insight. The handset or PDM is relatively quick but has its own foibles as with all systems.
As it is time for me to change my pump, I was thinking of going onto the insight as it uses the prefilled cartridges and hopefully minimise air in the line.
I have a friend on the insight and she say's that she doesn't have any problems with her handset, and don't expect it to work like a phone.
She keeps it charged every day and seems ok with it.
Just as a footnote, My daughter has just timed me from inserting strip into PDM taking blood test, adding 80 grams of Carbs and for me to be able to press the deliver bolus took me 40 seconds. This is obviously a best case scenario.