1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Accu-Check Aviva Insight - handset issues

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by GJ300, Aug 19, 2019.

1. GJ300

GJ300 Type 1 · Member

Anyone else finding the handset device way too slow, too many errors and just plain frustrating to use?

2. Gemma2

Gemma2 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It is slow but, otherwise, I haven’t had any other problems with it. Had an Insight for 4 years.

3. Carlton1512

Carlton1512 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes I find it incredibly slow and annoying to use, especially when you are in a bit of a rush. I haven't had to many errors thankfully. I'm grateful that I'm able to have a pump though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chas C

Chas C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It is slow, but never found it to be faulty. One major benefit is it can stack boluses on top of one another, very handy if having a multi course meal ;-)

5. richyb

richyb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I like mine. It is a bit slow, but its recommended to reset occasionally by holding turn off button on top for 5 seconds until it turns fully off. Then simply turn on again

6. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes . I was warned about this as it is slower than a mobile phone etc. but works well other than the frustration of the 10 seconds spinning thing! Actually not using mine much since I have the fsl and the other annoyance with the meter is that it runs out of charge quickly.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook