Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Hey y'all, I have had the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert for quite a few months now, but yesterday I went for a Diabetic check up and the nurse there transferred the data from my meter to the computer, I have no idea how she did it because she was behind me and didn't show me what she was doing (which is kind of annoying as it would have been nice to have been shown) the Doctor asked if I had a cable for it, at the time I said yes but when I got home I checked and there isn't a cable with it because it's infrared (me = derp).
I learnt a few new things to help me with my meter, e.g, diasend.com. Never knew about this website thing before, it seems brilliant but i just need to set it up.

Do any of you guys have this meter? and how have you transferred your data to your computer?

P.s sorry for the looong post!

Reactions: himtoo
D

Deleted member 308541

If it's like the Accu-Chel Performa, they put the meter in a special sleeve connected by usb cable to the computer where it reads the memory through the red window on the top end of the meter..

I enquired about this from Accu-Chek Australia about the price of this, it's $100.00 which is a bit expensive for home use.

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
If it's like the Accu-Chel Performa, they put the meter in a special sleeve connected by usb cable to the computer where it reads the memory through the red window on the top end of the meter..

I enquired about this from Accu-Chek Australia about the price of this, it's $100.00 which is a bit expensive for home use.
Ooo, that is quite a bit expensive. :O I am not sure if it is like the Accu-Chek Performa, I have just looked at it online and it looks different but the machine inside might be the same, I am not to sure. I might have to ask my Diabetic nurse about the meter. Thank you for your comment :)

D

Deleted member 308541

The software for the sleeve is very good, it does make some very good charts of your highs and lows plus some other stuff which i did not see,

It is more suitable for the Diabetic Educators / Nurses than what we really need if for. I use a $2.00 app for my mobile phone that does a good job of charting my bgls.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I would phone your meter people and ask if they will supply you with a USB cable to connect your meter to your puter
then up load to diasend

it should be free -- all cables for all my meters have always been free

D

Deleted member 308541

Not with Accu-Chek, they charge top dollar for accessories.

My DE said they are the only company to charge for their software and hardware.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
is the accu-chek the best meter on the market ??
I have used the abbott Neo and the glucomens plus and they both are good meters with free cables

as another attempt at getting round this -- what about asking your DSN if she can get hold of one for you ??

edited to add -- I have just checked out the Aviva website and ( according to them )
you can order a cable free of charge -- their text copied below -- this is on the UK website

A USB cable for Accu-Chek Mobile can be ordered free of charge via the Accu-Chek Customer Careline. A Realtyme cable which supports infrared communication can also be ordered.

Last edited:
Reactions: No1DeadlyPoison
D

Deleted member 308541

what about asking your DSN if she can get hold of one for you
The usb cable has a rubbery sleeve on one end that the meter fits in so it can be read. I do not think you will get a freebie out of a NHS DNS.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@Tipetoo
not being cheeky but................. are you living in Australia currently ??
if so perhaps your experience might not extend to the UK

for the moment I will not speak any further until I have investigated or another UK member of the forum has given firsthand experience

@No1DeadlyPoison -- I shall try and follow this up to see if we can locate you a cable to hook up to Diasend !!

edit to add -- I have emailed the accu-chek people to enquire about a cable
updates to follow

Last edited:
Reactions: No1DeadlyPoison

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
I would phone your meter people and ask if they will supply you with a USB cable to connect your meter to your puter
then up load to diasend

I don't see where the cable would fit into the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert, it doesn't have any cable ports on it. :/

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @No1DeadlyPoison it's infrared transfer! You need an infrared receiver with a USB cable, and I think the software is called SmartPix? The only thing is, I don't know how you would go about getting one, because I'm fairly certain that Roche don't sell them anymore, I only ended up with one because of a study I took part in.

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
is the accu-chek the best meter on the market ??
I have used the abbott Neo and the glucomens plus and they both are good meters with free cables

as another attempt at getting round this -- what about asking your DSN if she can get hold of one for you ??

edited to add -- I have just checked out the Aviva website and ( according to them )
you can order a cable free of charge -- their text copied below -- this is on the UK website

A USB cable for Accu-Chek Mobile can be ordered free of charge via the Accu-Chek Customer Careline. A Realtyme cable which supports infrared communication can also be ordered.

Are the abbott Neo and the glucomens plus for carbohydrate counting?

That is the next thing I am going t do, I and going to phone my Diabetic nurse to see if she can help with getting me the right equipment.

That is brilliant, Thank you for your help!! :)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't see where the cable would fit into the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert, it doesn't have any cable ports on it. :/
I had a meter ( a long time ago ) that the cable slotted into the blood test strip entrance--

another option is to talk to your DSN and ask for a meter that can access modern technology -
for now I am attempting to talk to your meter people to see if I can access a cable !!

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Hi @No1DeadlyPoison it's infrared transfer! You need an infrared receiver with a USB cable, and I think the software is called SmartPix? The only thing is, I don't know how you would go about getting one, because I'm fairly certain that Roche don't sell them anymore, I only ended up with one because of a study I took part in.

Ah okay, himtoo said about getting a cable from there website, so I might try that first but also talk to my Diabetic nurse in the mean time. :)

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
@Tipetoo

for the moment I will not speak any further until I have investigated or another UK member of the forum has given firsthand experience

@No1DeadlyPoison -- I shall try and follow this up to see if we can locate you a cable to hook up to Diasend !!

edit to add -- I have emailed the accu-chek people to enquire about a cable
updates to follow

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help!!! :)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

That is the next thing I am going t do, I and going to phone my Diabetic nurse to see if she can help with getting me the right equipment.

no -- the Neo and glucomens plus don't do carbs -- ( I do get where you are wanting to be with this )

it is great that you have posted this topic and hopefully over the next couple of days we will get you a result.
( other users and experience ) or perhaps ( my direct email to accu-chek enquiring about a cable )

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Abbott Insulinx has a bolus advisor to help with carb counting.

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
no -- the Neo and glucomens plus don't do carbs -- ( I do get where you are wanting to be with this )

it is great that you have posted this topic and hopefully over the next couple of days we will get you a result.
( other users and experience ) or perhaps ( my direct email to accu-chek enquiring about a cable )

Ah okay, the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert does carb counting, well makes it easier, it is a really good machine, would be perfect if the cable was with it or they told you about how to get it, my nurse never said anything about transferring data. Very silly.

Well, again thank you so much for your help!! :)

D

Deleted member 308541

@Tipetoo
No I live in Australia permanently as a Australian citizen.

@himtoo If you Gurgle for the the software and cable it will lead to this link here:

https://accu-chekto.com/accu-chek-360-diabetes-management-system

This shows the price in US $ and has a pix of the device as well.

My experience of the UK NHS finished the last time I was there in 1986, but if they cut back on T2's meters and strips they will not give you one of these for nothing.

I have been thinking of buying a different brand of meter, that does supply free software and cables. It is not really necessary tho' as I have a perfectly good app on my mobile phone that works out averages much the same as the meter software does but without all of the bling.

It would spoil it for my DE as well if I go in with my printout tho'. :D

Edit: Clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can upload to diasend via the app on my smart phone android no cable needed if that helps - you can send all your data to you health people if they give you the appropriate ref no.
Frances