Accu chek insight pump question

Meghalton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone, it’s been three days that I’ve been on the pump and I wondered something. You set a standard amount of bolus and it starts going in but then walk away from meter. Does this mean it will all still go in? I have done this today and as I walked upstairs having just set a standard amount to go in, the meter then beeped and told me it was a communication error. Does this mean it has still gone in? Any help would be great! X

chips

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
diet coke and most diet drinks as they all taste vile
the meter will say communication error if you turn on the display on the pump at the same time. the pump will display bolus stopped if there was a problem. you should be fine. id check your sugars again in an hour or so just too be safe

Reactions: Meghalton

Meghalton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
the meter will say communication error if you turn on the display on the pump at the same time. the pump will display bolus stopped if there was a problem. you should be fine. id check your sugars again in an hour or so just too be safe

Yes the pump says it’s all gone in, and so does the meter. I rang the helpline and they have sorted me out. Although your right, I will check my levels in an hour! Thank you x

Reactions: chips