Accu-chek insight pump

Kevin1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So got my prescription and had my pre pump start meeting today ready for getting the pump on Monday. I only found out I was getting it Friday as someone pulled out! Found out it's the insight pump I'm getting its the only one my hospital give. Anyone using it? There aren't many reviews or videos for it? To be honest it's the first pump and waited years so any would have been great

Reactions: 2 people

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So got my prescription and had my pre pump start meeting today ready for getting the pump on Monday. I only found out I was getting it Friday as someone pulled out! Found out it's the insight pump I'm getting its the only one my hospital give. Anyone using it? There aren't many reviews or videos for it? To be honest it's the first pump and waited years so any would have been great
i'm on the isnight pump at first i hated it found it slow with alot of errors and stuff being new to pump thearpy i wanted something ore reliable.

now 6 months on i'm loving it yes the handset is slow but you just get used to it, the errors happen but that's fine nothing i can do to stop it but i hardly get them since i had a new handset :D

welcome to the insight :D

Reactions: 2 people

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Kevin1987 - yes I got the Insight a few weeks' ago. It's my first pump too. Like @Type1Lad said the handset can be very slow but I have got used it. Let us know how you get on with it.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I also use the Insight, been on it for 5 months (been pumping for 4.5 yrs). I really like it, it has a few quirks like taking care not to plug it into too high a power USB adaptor when charging, it is a bit slow but it does cope with multiple bolus's, choose a Samsung phone charger if your going to charge in your car. Handset needs charging every few days and while its on charge you cannot use it. You can speed up the handset up by resetting it weekly (just hold power button down for 5 secs). Moving to a pump was the best choice I ever made.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I also use the Insight, been on it for 5 months (been pumping for 4.5 yrs). I really like it, it has a few quirks like taking care not to plug it into too high a power USB adaptor when charging, it is a bit slow but it does cope with multiple bolus's, choose a Samsung phone charger if your going to charge in your car. Handset needs charging every few days and while its on charge you cannot use it. You can speed up the handset up by resetting it weekly (just hold power button down for 5 secs). Moving to a pump was the best choice I ever made.

Oh that's interesting about speeding up the handset - will give that a go! Thx &Chas C

Kevin1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What type of cannula do you use iv read that they do a metal one and a normal plastic type one? Where you given a choice if so why did you choose a certain type?

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Kevin1987

I started with metal ones, but found these did not fit too well with me being a bit active so moved to plastic ones just over 4 yrs ago and have had no issues