accu chek insight

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
can you give a bolus straight from the pump or can you only do it from the handset

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
you can give a bolus straight from the pump

Reactions: azure

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You can do it straight from the pump but you need to remember it will be taken as a correction bolus. If you need to do a correction few hours later it wont be accurate

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never bolused straight from my Insight pump - I always test and then let the handset work it out for me.

However, I do use the pump itself for setting temp basal rates, as I often set these based on a Libre bip rather than a blood test result - I use TBRs an awful lot, and it's easy to set these via the pump rather than the handset, I find. If I'm testing, though, that means I've got the handset out and on anyway, so whenever I'm testing and then also needing to do something involving insulin, I'll just program it from the handset.

This thread has prompted me to review my instructions manual, though - as I think I really ought to know how to do everything from the pump!!!

:)

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
what is handy is that if you test your BS and say your over your set limit ie- 7.9mmol and you are eating out and want to give an extended bolus, the handset will not let you do this.

You can however do it from the pump itself, so if you input the carbs on the hanset and let it work out your insulin dose you can then do the extended bolus from the pump using the insulin dosage fro the handset.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes it's great - I have done it straight from the pump on a couple of occasions. As others have said it treats it as a correction dose.