Accu-Chek LinkAssist Insertion Device

Jackie100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anybody got this device that miss fires all the time it's getting really irritating and in the end it just end up wasting a canula I have two of these and they both do it , am I doing something wrong x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Are you pressing it firmly against your skin.. Not just against your skin?

I had one that was faulty but it got stuck rather than misfiring..

iHs

There are 2 insertion devices for Flexlink sets.....the grey and blue Link Assist for the Combo sets and the white and turquoise Link Assist Plus for the Insight sets. Both devices need the springs pulled back and released to make sure that when a Flexlink set is inserted into them, the spring locks into position so that the release button fires ok. Its important to position the inserter flat against the skin so that they are at a 90 degree angle. Then, press the release button. As a precaution, don't load the sets into the devices with the sets pointing towards the face. Best to load the springs with the sets pointing downwards towards the floor and make sure the spring locks first before holding the device against the skin. A set firing into the carpet is safer than the neck or face if something goes wrong.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You need to hold it firm against your skin. I practised with just the Device on a wooden chopping board. Just to practise the sequence of events. Good luck.

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi. You need to hold it firm against your skin. I practised with just the Device on a wooden chopping board. Just to practise the sequence of events. Good luck.

Love it!!

Hannibal

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
My daughter doesn't like the new white and turquoise sets. We have to press firmly against the skin to press the safety button which means her skin bulges up and the cannula goes in very hard - apparently if really hurts. With the old grey and blue sets we could lay it gently against her, click off the safety catch and fire the cannula so it wasn't as hard.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

iHs

@Hannibal

You dont need to press the introducer against the skin hard, as long as the blue semi circle tab is resting against the skin so that the tab goes into the introducer, then thats all that is needed in order to make the set be able to fire ok. As an adult, I dont have any problems but if you are not happy with the Flexlink Plus, then go back to the normal Flexlink with the grey introducer

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My daughter doesn't like the new white and turquoise sets. We have to press firmly against the skin to press the safety button which means her skin bulges up and the cannula goes in very hard - apparently if really hurts. With the old grey and blue sets we could lay it gently against her, click off the safety catch and fire the cannula so it wasn't as hard.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Is daughter on the Insight pump?

Hannibal

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks iHs but we have two of the LinkAsistPlus dvices and neither work if we just lay them on the skin, both need a degree of pressure which is just enough to cause the pain for my daughter when they fire in - she is eight and very skinny.

Yes donnellysdogs, my daughter is on the Insight so we can't go back unless we change pump. On that point, After explaining the issue to them, Roche have accepted that this is a problem and have agreed to take away the Spirit and give us a Combo so we're back to the original Flex Link cannulas and the gun with the manual safety lock. Thank you Roche, 10/10 for customer service