Accu-Chek Mobile - anyone had faults when doing a reading?

Clem

has anyone had trouble with the aquecheck mobile having faults whilst doing a reading. I have lost quite a lot from my cassette, and my finger gets sore from doing all the re-tests. Is it the cassette or is it the machine.

One positive thing I love is the Fast-Clix pen and cartridge system, the rest of the system is best placed in the bin. I have been dealing with this for some time now. I find it fraudulent that the manufacturers do not tell us what they have known for years, and by the way for those that do not believe me look forward later this year in 2018 they are coming out with a new cartridge, and I am sure it is to try to stem the tide of patients leaving this faulty product. And yet they claim currently it is us? Shame on them for taking the millions they do knowing they have a faulty product.

Having diabetes my whole life I have used almost every meter imaginable, and depend on it to calibrate my pump and sensor. Roche (Accu-Chel Mobile) KNOW there s a problem, and if you look there are problems since it came out, especially starting in 2012 to present day. Yet their reps they talk to you as though you are the only one, and then as a child and advise to watch their instructional videos, or tell you some other nonsense, that you need to learn how to use it, or you have done something wrong such as 'oh you must have shaking hands' what? Everything I try patiently and I still get errors, and if you Google yo see in every country, and other languages, you see people have all too familiar issues, we can't all be crazy. Every other system I have ever used is simple... drop of blood, strip in meter apply blood=value.

When I am going hypo I don't have the time or the patience to go through 3 or 4 tests before I get a valid sample
. I have just gotten my 4th cartridge and in the first 6 tests 4 failed! I have a friend in another country and they pointed out that Accuc-Chek Mobile is not covered by their insurance, their NURSE told them that cartridges have so many failure rates that the insurance companies will not give permission for their patients to use it! What insurance wants to pay for a system strip that fails 10 - 30% or more? 4 in 6 tests on last cartridge is not a good start.

First they claim the blood bust wick up (duh) or let it lay horizontal (one of their agents told me to try this actually gave me less failures than the following) where they claimed that was the problem, that you must hold the meter perfectly vertical, or that you must sand on one leg spin round 3 times and chant something ancient Babylonian tongue... In all seriousness good for those of you that it works but it is alarming that they make so much money on this and do not take this defective product off the market.

Clem

has anyone had trouble with the aquecheck mobile having faults whilst doing a reading. I have lost quite a lot from my cassette, and my finger gets sore from doing all the re-tests. Is it the cassette or is it the machine.
Also notice that Accu-Chek Mobile meter videos on YOU TUBE have comments disabled now because of all the complaints about this meter...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The new cassettes have guides attached so you drop your blood in between the 2 guides.
I'm good with these cassettes, both. With guides and before guides.
Is your cassettes with guides or are you using up old stock? Still valid but old style cassettes?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Cassette is different to test strips.

Test strips soak up a blood prick.

Cassette needs a DROP of blood.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have used Accu Chek Mobile for 4 years and love it. I have never had a problem with wasted strips, just an odd one or two that were most likely my fault. I find it very easy to use. I can't say the same for my other meter.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I love my 3 meters I use and find very close to my hba1c result.

Just received a Sprint meter for ketones but its glucose result is far less than my mobile cassette results. So I'll only be using for ketone testing.

Mobile cassette great for weakness and accuracy from my movements (jerking). Less dropping lancet applicator or lancets to change more frequent, from me. With 50 tests is plenty of time for me to change cassette. Unlike pushing in test strip from a stiff/airtight pot. All clumsy and fiddly actions I can do without.
I lean my hand on meter so in course for right area to drop blood.
I have no complaints and their customer service is very good.

Reactions: Bluetit1802