Accu-Chek Mobile - anyone had faults when doing a reading?

Fingers11/2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
has anyone had trouble with the aquecheck mobile having faults whilst doing a reading. I have lost quite a lot from my cassette, and my finger gets sore from doing all the re-tests. Is it the cassette or is it the machine.

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I lose quite a lot of tests too, but I think it's due to me not getting the blood drop centred on the testing strip. I am going to try to be more careful in doing that.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I lose some too. Especially if I test with the light off early am. You mean the accu-chek mobile. Right?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Fingers11/2 me too. More so when I first stsrted using it. My tip is make sure it's a good size blood drop. More than the other makes of testers. ;)

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
The biggest mistake people do when testing with the mobile, is to swipe their finger across the test ribbon. You need to just hold it ever so slightly off, and let the blood drop and ribbon attract each other.

Reactions: 4 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
has anyone had trouble with the aquecheck mobile having faults whilst doing a reading. I have lost quite a lot from my cassette, and my finger gets sore from doing all the re-tests. Is it the cassette or is it the machine.
Hi I had same problem,finally decided to stop using it and went back to my old meter,plus I don't have sore fingers now

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes I spelt it wrong, I must try to do it right , but it can happen three times in succession .
I once lost seven tests before I got a result. Another mistake I made for a while is that I used to hold my finger against the test strip until the mmol/L reading showed, but you are supposed to take your finger away as soon as the meter bleeps and it shows 'Test in progress'.

Fingers11/2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I once lost seven tests before I got a result. Another mistake I made for a while is that I used to hold my finger against the test strip until the mmol/L reading showed, but you are supposed to take your finger away as soon as the meter bleeps and it shows 'Test in progress'.
Thanks for that advice

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The main issue I have is getting a decent prick (as the actress said to the bishop) from the clicker attached to the side

Other than that a decent sized blob and hold it against the strip where the arrow points, and hey presto.

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using Acc check Mobile for a couple of years. You definitely need to be careful lining up the casset test strip. I've also lost several due to not enough blood and not lining up properly. They don't cost me anything so I still use it.
I discussed this with Accu check and they have directed me to videos on how to test with the Mobile but I still get a few error messages. Personally, I love the meter over all others I have.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The main issue I have is getting a decent prick (as the actress said to the bishop) from the clicker attached to the side
I found it's better to detach the clicker and press it into the side of my finger. I don't open the strip cover and switch meter on until I've got a decent size blob ready for testing. Sometimes I don't get enough blood from one finger so have to switch to another.

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I. Use my thumb most of the time which tends to supply more blood. I like the lancet attached as it makes it easy to test whithout all the moving parts to pack away when you are out and about.

Reactions: 3 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@TomGreen101 I keep the clicker permanently detached now, and put it and the meter in the free pouch they send you when you register your purchase.

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've used my thumb for years. It is the easier digit to line up the mobile to get a decent reading.
I have 2 Accu check Compact Plus. I use their lancet devices when I test other meters. I detached them and throw the other device lancets away. You have to press twice on those, once to **** and then to prick your finger.

Reactions: 4 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Prem51

Guess what ??

Me and my big mouth :arghh:

How do you get it to work again after an error ? ....................I ended up taking the batteries out :confused:

NoughtQAF

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for this thread. I thought I was just being a moron trying to use this new to me meter. The worst I've had is 7 failed failed readings in a row!