Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1369083257.044083.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1369083257.044083.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,061

Wills01

I use two accu chek mobile meters. One used at night, the other in the morning. I use two meters simply because if one goes wrong, then i have the other to fall back on. I have one older silver and black one about a year old, no problems at all with it. The other new all black one packed in at six weeks old. Cassette would not wind on and associated error code. The meter was replaced along with new cassette.
In my experience, the old aviva was something i could rely on completely. If one of these mobiles pack in again, i will go back to the aviva. I have been testing bg since 2003 and have a fair number of meters, most have gone wrong and been replaced at some time or other. The accu chek compact and compact plus that used a strip drum suffered from two problems, a lot of the time it would not switch on, or it would refuse to advance the drum and a new strip would not be offered. So, as you will note, the accu chek meters that have automatic cassette or drum advance can be problematic.

All the very, very best
Wills.

DaveVader

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Wills and thanks for the info. I've been using the all black accu chek mobile since I got it and no problems as yet ( touch wood) but like you say it could be an issue with pre loaded cassettes. And if it goes wrong again I will switch to the normal standard meters. With a test strip :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sawinyo

I am a type 2 Diabetis and I have an accu chek mobile I have run out of cassette and lancet how do i get some urgently I am based in Kisumu Kenya. Kindly help. Sarah

Wills01

I have been using the mobile for 2 years. I had the black and silver model first, they then supplied me with a second mobile meter to use with it because of so many things going wrong with meter and strips. Now all the meters have been exchanged at least twice, i am now using two of the latest types of this meter.. They give up the ghost at regular intervals.

Although the telephone helpline has been extremely good about it, the worst thing about them are, wait for it, the error messages. Ranging from defective cassette to all the other e numbers. It appears to me that the whole mobile system comes with a bucketload of error messages to throw up and is designed to require the insertion of a new cassette. Well, that is where the money is tbh. It is a great pity, the system could be a great way to test blood glucose and when it works, it works well.

I have now had enough of piddling about with all the errors and phoning up the customer helpline. My gp's are not impressed about it all too. I have to move on to another system now, to see if i can get some form of consistency. I telephoned lifescan this morning to order the latest one touch model, the Verio IQ. I recieved the bumph for it by post earlier this week. I have been testing since 2003. The best meter by a long way was the aviva.

Point is, how will the Verio meter get one to use up more strips???.

All the very, very best

Will's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wills01

Further to my post earlier today.

Last night one of the mobile testers, only a few months old, gave cassette defective error. I still have the 1st generation mobile tester, the black and silver one, accu check did not want it returned. I installed the "defective" cassette in this unit, new batteries, control test, works just fine. Would not work in the unit that threw up the error????. The mobile tester still threw up the "cassette defective" message again tonight. This cassette still had 42 tests left in it after a control test.

It all points to these units being loaded with firmware that generates random error messages, instructing users to insert new cassettes, as a matter of course. The powers that be need to look into these failings, if you can call them that, asap. Think of all the finance that is being wasted on strips and cassettes that are supposedly "faulty".

Does anyone out there see what i am getting at, and concur with my thoughts.

All the very, very best to all

Will's.

D

Diabeticliberty

I use these meters a lot but am fast losing faith with Roche. Every time I contact them with meter faults ( this happens frequently) they seem to infer that the problem is user error. The problem is not user error, the problem is meter error. The thing is though the system they have designed is just so damned convenient. The cassette with no throw away reagent sticks and the autolet being located on the side of the meter was a revolutionary idea which I really bought into. The devices however are temperamental at best and downright poor at worst. The problem is there are few if any alternatives which offer the same level of convenience.

Reactions: gvintagedrken

patchworks101

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic
I thought I was the only one having problems. My first meter had to be sent back as it kept giving readings 10 times the actual levels (checked with my other meter to confirm the correct readings) and it kept reporting that there was insufficient blood on the cassette (even though there was the same amount as the rest of the times) resulting in wasted tests.
Now my replacement meter has started playing up. Like the first, it's started giving dodgy results which could have resulted in od'ing on insulin AND it's now reporting that the cassette is empty and must be replaced even though it had 15 tests left on it !
I've contacted customer support (I already live in France so the accent is really no big deal!) and am waiting a reply. In the meantime I'm going back to using my Verio One-Touch.
Moderators - do the meter manufacturers monitor the forum for problems with their devices? Just a thought ....