accu chek Rapid D....

jonesy

now that the flexlink plus has been recalled, my son is going to try the Rapid D. however, i read on another thread that you have to prime it in a different way.

can somebody tell me how please, as we're expecting them today.

jonesy

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

With the rapid-D you need to prime it all the way to the cannula needle until you see the insulin coming out, then insert the cannula.

Unlike the flex link plus you do not need to bolus to account for any air as it is already primed from head to toe if that makes sense.

If in doubt there is a leaflet in the box which will be clear to understand.

You also don't use any assists as they are very fine and easy to insert.

Good luck.

iHs

Hello Jonesy

Are you using the Accu chek pump, only I thought from some of yr msgs that you intended to get the Dana R? If so, what happened?

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
jonesy said:
sounds perfect!

I switched form the flex link plus to the rapid-D because of the re-call too, but my nurse informed me last thursday so i switched then.

The only downsides are that because there are steel the need to be changed every 24-48 hours. I have been changing them every 2 days.

Also i find the adhesive is far more stickier and it was really hard to get off, but you can get wipes and foam that makes it easier:).

Also there is more of a possibility of feeling the cannula whilst it's in because it's not flexible like the teflon cannulas, i personally don't feel it at all and much prefer the Rapid-D by a long shot.

jonesy

our hospital didn't offer the dana R and we didn't want to make a fuss, seeing as they'd granted us funding straight away. also i reckon a company as big as roche should offer better 'after sales' service.

for some reason, the flex link plus only work for 2 days on my son, so no difference with rapid D!

jonesy