Accu chek

stevesellars

Hi all could anyone help me or point me in the right direction. I've purchased a Accu-chek Guide it can with 10 new test strips but I'm finding it hard to get anymore strips unless i buy from the states or from Europe. Shipping alone I'm looking anywhere between £10 - £30 from the States.
So if anyone know where i can get more strips? Or if anyone knows if a can use any other strips with it? Cheers.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all could anyone help me or point me in the right direction. I've purchased a Accu-chek Guide it can with 10 new test strips but I'm finding it hard to get anymore strips unless i buy from the states or from Europe. Shipping alone I'm looking anywhere between £10 - £30 from the States.
So if anyone know where i can get more strips? Or if anyone knows if a can use any other strips with it? Cheers.

Hi,

I just took a little look. It seems that there is no compatabilty with other Roche devices regarding strips.
https://www.accu-chek.in/faq/guide

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs

Hmm, looks like amazon uk don't have them and ebay uk have them but shipped from Australia....
eg
Accu-Chek Guide Test Strips 100 PK (1 Box) - FREE SHIPPING | eBay

(There are other ones on ebay UK those are just the first ones that came up)

But shipping is free so if you don't mind waiting ....

Honestly, when choosing a new meter it's very very important to consider the cost and availability of strips, as the cost of the meter fades into insignificance compared to the cost of the strips....

Good luck.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you UK based? As if so the reason you won't be finding strips available here is due to the fact it isn't a meter used in the UK, not even listed on their UK website xx