Aching legs?

Abigail18

I've been having a weird aching sensation in both my legs. It's not that bad but just a bit uncomfortable. Not worse at any particular time of the day and doesn't seem to be connected to moving or not. Could this be diabetes related, even with a near-normal HBA1C? I did/do have a bit of a cold/flu so maybe it's down to that, but it's weird because I don't think I've ever had muscle aches with cold/flu before.

Hi,
I have only just joined the forum but have been diabetic for coming on 19 years. I had the same a while back where I had pains in both legs and various places, when it got to the point I could barely walk I went to the doctors and they said it is neuropathy just because of the length of time I had been diabetic. So it may be related to a cold/ flu or it could be the start of neuropathy so I would recommend seeing a doctor if it doesn’t get any better.

Rylando88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone suggested low potassium levels? I find I get a hell of a lot of aches and pains when my potassium levels are low, potassium levels can be pushed down as a result of a few hypos, might be worth having potassium checked by GP to rule it out