ACTIVIA YOGHURT

Slidge

I have been trying out this new Activia thing, get healthy from the inside as advertised on television. Did you know that the yoghurt has 15.2g of carbohydrates, of which sugars 14.9g per pot. To me, that is not very healthy for us diabetics and think I have found out why I am so high after lunch. Anyone else notice these little tidbits on so called healthy food. Also, I did notice that if you eat 2 pots, it gives you chronic tummy upset :sick:

A

Anonymous

Slidge said:
I have been trying out this new Activia thing, get healthy from the inside as advertised on television. Did you know that the yoghurt has 15.2g of carbohydrates, of which sugars 14.9g per pot. To me, that is not very healthy for us diabetics and think I have found out why I am so high after lunch. Anyone else notice these little tidbits on so called healthy food. Also, I did notice that if you eat 2 pots, it gives you chronic tummy upset :sick:

Just looked at my LIDL plain greek-style yoghurt and that is 3.2g carbs per 100g. What on earth is in your Activia? Why not try plain yoghurt, maybe with a bit of 'real' fruit pieces in?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup, you've discovered that 'healthy' food often isn't and 'low-fat' usually means high sugar. So that's why there are so many obese people around! I have Irish Yogurts 0%/0% fruit yoghurt which has sweeteners not sugar added so is pretty good all round if you like fruit yoghurts.

A

Anonymous

Daibell said:
Yup, you've discovered that 'healthy' food often isn't and 'low-fat' usually means high sugar. So that's why there are so many obese people around! I have Irish Yogurts 0%/0% fruit yoghurt which has sweeteners not sugar added so is pretty good all round if you like fruit yoghurts.

That's interesting. It contains fruit but no sugar. Is it 'real' fruit?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Plain natural yogurt will suffice and do the same job.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
It's not easy to find a low sugar fruit yogurt. I once diligently searched the whole aisle in Waitrose and the nearest I found was for weaning babies, otherwise it's anything up to 22% sugar!!!
The best is definitely Lidl's whole milk yogurt with fruit added by you, or you could try low sugar jam.
Hana

A

Anonymous

hanadr said:
It's not easy to find a low sugar fruit yogurt. I once diligently searched the whole aisle in Waitrose and the nearest I found was for weaning babies, otherwise it's anything up to 22% sugar!!!
The best is definitely Lidl's whole milk yogurt with fruit added by you, or you could try low sugar jam.
Hana

Even better to break the sugar craving and eat natural yoghurt with nothing added.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, silly me, the Irish yoghurts can't be 0% sugar as they do have fruit. They have no added sugar and typically have 9gm per 100 of carbs.

A

Anonymous

Daibell said:
Hi. Yes, silly me, the Irish yoghurts can't be 0% sugar as they do have fruit. They have no added sugar and typically have 9gm per 100 of carbs.

And least the fruit has other required nutrients as well :wink:

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
found out to my cost yoghurt is very high in sugars i now have plain yoghurt with sliced banana, strawberries,raspberries ect
i find it much better for me when i was losing weight i thought i was doing right by eating fat free yoghurts but i did not realise how much sugar was in the product it wants to come with a health warning for diabetics

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been on the Lidi greek yogurt which is really creamy and enjoyable with only 3.2 carbs per 100ml, recommended by the forum, leaves room to add some goodies too it, :D

Westie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I have started making my own yoghurt with skimmed or semi skimmed UHT milk. This gives me a base to use, e.g. raspberries with cinnamon, avocado dip using yoghurt etc.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App