1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Administering insulin in a public washroom

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by S-M, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Do you think this idea has potential?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I remember going to a fabulous fish restaurant in Woy Woy - outdoors - but their toilets were little wooden shacks (a wee bit up from a dunny) but the large huntsman looking at me was off putting. I know they're harmless but they are scary looking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

We have a newly renovated toilet and shower unit, the tradies that removed the asbestos wall and ceiling panels sprayed the area with pesticide before the plasterers put the asbestos free panelling in.

So that should keep them out for a good while, although my partner still takes a fly swatter with her to beat anything to death with.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

For those that do not know what a Huntsman Spider looks like, they are harmless but scary when they surprise you...

[​IMG]

4. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Expert

5. Goacher55

Goacher55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had an interesting incident today I was injecting in the cafe queue -awkward as I had to change cartridges too. A young boy was borderline transfixed by what I was doing so much so his mum told him off but I was so impressed as she clearly told him exactly what I was doing and why .

6. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Deep fried, they are nice and crunchy and low in carbs as well.

Don't get caught doing it as they are a protected species as are all of Australia's fauna. :D

7. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Lol, you're a protected species too mate. I'd hate to see you get flushed down for derailment of a school project... o_O;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I am not trying to be unhelpful to the op @S-M, I hope he /she is still around watching this thread.

Just stating It basically boils down to you cannot trust any surface in a public toilet, as others have remarked on about Australian karzis. :D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook