Administrator question I think

dawn28378

I'm a newbie to this group so I'm not 100% clear on how to use the site yet but when I try to do certain things like read new posts or click on a particular persons avatar I get a message saying I am not authorised to use this service. Also when I tried to respond to a direct message I received last night I was told I couldn't use this service. I also can't access certain information on my own profile. I was told having posted five times on a thread I had started to answer a query I had that this should clear up the problem with the direct messages but it doesn't appear to have helped.

Any suggestions?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
dawn28378 said:
I'm a newbie to this group so I'm not 100% clear on how to use the site yet but when I try to do certain things like read new posts or click on a particular persons avatar I get a message saying I am not authorised to use this service. Also when I tried to respond to a direct message I received last night I was told I couldn't use this service. I also can't access certain information on my own profile. I was told having posted five times on a thread I had started to answer a query I had that this should clear up the problem with the direct messages but it doesn't appear to have helped.

Any suggestions?

Hello dawn I'm sorry to hear of your admin problems. Hopefully Giverny will be able to help you out ASAP, but please try and bear with it until Admin can give you some advice.

Many thanks for your patience.

Best wishes RRB

dawn28378

Still not able to use this site properly and it's getting a little frustrating. When I try to view certain things I get told I am "not permitted to use this service.Please check with the site Administrator if problem persists". Not sure what to do as I can't seem to contact said administrator as I can click over the Avatar!!

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
dawn28378 said:
Seems I can't even edit my own Posts!!!! That last post should have said "can't click over the Avatar"!!

Before concluding something must be wrong, always do a complete computer clean and try again. All too often some kind of gunk or cookie hanging about in some file or another will block or slow progress to a standstill.

dawn28378

The same things happen when I try and maneuver around the forum. I use the mobile site as this is much more convenient for me.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Dawn/John

Just to let you know ...

I have 'highlighted' your issues/problems with Giverny [our site admin]

She will be back in the office tomorrow [Monday]

Am sure she will/can get things sorted :thumbup:

Anna .

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
To ere is human
To foul things up completely requires a computer.

dawn28378

Irw60......oh no....I manage quite well to foul things up without a computer! Lol!! It's just I have tried everything possible to sort this myself and keep getting the same message about contacting the administrator.x

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hello, sorry for the wait! Just letting you know that I'm looking in to your problem (sounds like something's gone wrong with the permissions set, but we'll see) and I'll let you know when it's resolved :)

Update: Seems that it was infact a permissions problem. By default, people are supposed to be given a different set of permissions when they reach 5 posts, but for some reason this didn't happen. *Should* be fixed now, but let me know if you are still having problems.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Not a problem - enjoy the forum!

damonfrog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi hope u don't mind me asking in here - I am trying to post a new thread but it doesn't seem to 'send' it just gets stuck! Also the thread I'm trying to post is actually asking a question - is there a way for me to flag which threads I have posted in as I am losing track? Thank you in advance!!! Lara xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dawn28378

Damondfrog....my issues appear to have been cleared up and I can post new threads and use all the functions no problem now. Is it just the new thread your having a problem with or is it other things as well?x

dawn28378

Also Damonfrog....I hold the my finger over the screen of my phone on the subject I am involved in and "subscribe" to that topic. That way I am notified every time someone comments on it.