Adult bed wetting when hypo in sleep help ?

Ryann1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So title says it all really, for the past two months I have wet the bed twice, yes that’s right a 34 year old man pissing the bed, quite embarrassing. Each time my libre reads 2.5 to 3.4, now I am worried as I have heard of highs causing bed wetting and urination but not lows. I am at a loss for answers so if anyone has experienced this then it would be good to know. I have tried to drop my basal dose down to prevent the lows in my sleep and I am going to cut back on fluid intake in the evening to see if that stops it.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm sorry this has happened to you @Ryann1990 Did you check the lows with a blood test? I'd make an appointment with your dr, to check it's not an infection or something other than diabetes. It could be purely coincidental you were hypo at the time. Best to get it checked out anyway. Maybe also ask your diabetes hospital clinic team, for advice.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So title says it all really, for the past two months I have wet the bed twice, yes that’s right a 34 year old man pissing the bed, quite embarrassing. Each time my libre reads 2.5 to 3.4, now I am worried as I have heard of highs causing bed wetting and urination but not lows. I am at a loss for answers so if anyone has experienced this then it would be good to know. I have tried to drop my basal dose down to prevent the lows in my sleep and I am going to cut back on fluid intake in the evening to see if that stops it.
Hi,

Could there have been any alcohol involved, too?

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
This happened to me for years whenever I had a severe nocturnal hypo I would pee the bed I think it was just that I lost control of my body , it became better later on as I improved my control and nocturnal hypos became less and less and now with my Libre alarm set at 4 they are non existent .

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
To be honest, given that the end result of a very severe hypo can be fitting and coma, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they also caused bed wetting. In your position I'd be trying hard to avoid the hypo in the first place. A call to your team might be a good idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77