Beckahboo99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exams,
Hi all,
I take novo rapid for corrections and for carbs.
I started off taking levemir before bed, but went to clinic two weeks ago today and my doctor chaned it to take 26 units in the morning and 26 units at night, but since I’ve been doing this my blood sugars have been higher than they were before I switched.
Does anybody else have this problem or does anyone have any advice.
Any help will be appreciated
Thankyou ☺️

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
I take novo rapid for corrections and for carbs.
I started off taking levemir before bed, but went to clinic two weeks ago today and my doctor chaned it to take 26 units in the morning and 26 units at night, but since I’ve been doing this my blood sugars have been higher than they were before I switched.
Does anybody else have this problem or does anyone have any advice.
Any help will be appreciated
Thankyou ☺️

Hi @Beckahboo99 ,

You mention Lantus in the title. However, a change to a split dose of Levemir..?
What basal are you taking?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive been diabetic for 9 and a half years now (24/07/09)

Sorry to keep asking the questions..

Just trying to establish for the benefit of other members regarding the advice you might receive.

Basal is the foundation for BG managment. If that's not sorted? The rest (like bolusing by comparison.) can be like nailing the proverbial diabetic jelly to a wall with a lancet...

Make an apointment with your HCPs. & have at the subject of basal testing.. :) https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/
To get you started.

Reactions: Beckahboo99

Beckahboo99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exams,
Sorry to keep asking the questions..

Just trying to establish for the benefit of other members regarding the advice you might receive.

Basal is the foundation for BG managment. If that's not sorted? The rest (like bolusing by comparison.) can be like nailing the proverbial diabetic jelly to a wall with a lancet...

Make an apointment with your HCPs. & have at the subject of basal testing.. :) https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/
To get you started.
Thankyou so much for this. I’ll get in touch with my doctor and see what they say. ☺️

Reactions: Jaylee