Advice for pre-diabetic vegetarian

worldtraveller

I'm finding a lot of info for non-vegetarians and for those who want to loose weight. Any threads or info for a vegetarian, pre-diabetic person, with a healthy weight?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm finding a lot of info for non-vegetarians and for those who want to loose weight. Any threads or info for a vegetarian, pre-diabetic person, with a healthy weight?

worldtravellor, it could be helpful to define, even loosely, your health objectives, so that the responses you receive will fot your request.

If you are looking to trim back the blood sugar numbers a bit, but not lose significant weight, and you have no other health conditions in play (quite a few parameters there!), then watching then dropping back to the carbs, and increasing the fats could be helpful, but that is subject you your objectives and other factors.

worldtraveller

Thank-you. I have been looking through the vegetarian forum. I'm new to this and didn't know it existed. My only object is to go from A1 5.9 to a normal range. I am healthy in all other ways, low cholesterol, low bmi, low blood pressure, etc.

Reactions: Antje77

worldtraveller

As it has been pointed out in this forum, I am not pre-diabetic. I have siblings and 5 aunts with diabetics. My A1 has increased from 5.3 to 5.9 over 3 years. My doctor is strongly suggesting I get a grip on my diet.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As it has been pointed out in this forum, I am not pre-diabetic. I have siblings and 5 aunts with diabetics. My A1 has increased from 5.3 to 5.9 over 3 years. My doctor is strongly suggesting I get a grip on my diet.
So what kind of thing do you usually eat ?
Is your vegetarianism non-negotiable?

worldtraveller

I use to eat beans, cheese, and some tofu, generally ate low fat foods and too much carbs (rice, noodles, bread, etc). Now, it seems that now I'm eating tofu too much. Still eating cheese and am trying to figure out what seeds I should be eating. Unfortunately I'm allergic to tree nuts, which leaves basically peanuts. PS - I love peanut butter. I don't eat eggs or fish. I do eat some milk products like cheese as mentioned, and yogurt. As another person wrote...... it takes some time to work it all out.