Advice on CGM

lilyfleur

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey :)
I recently used CGM for 6 days (loan from the hospital to get a general idea of what's going on because I have loads of unexpected highs and lows) and it was FANTASTIC. First time I ever felt in control of the diabetes, and the estimate of my HbA1c based on those 6 days was 6.7% (lowest ever, mine has been around 11% for about 4 years). So anyway I see a hypnotherapist (for depression, binge eating disorder and to try and get me doing blood tests properly) and I'm now eating healthily, testing my blood glucose levels regularly, my mood is better, I'm exercising more but I feel just as out of control as ever with my actual blood glucose level results (now that I've handed the CGM back). My therapist thinks I should make a case to keep the CGM (which I would love to be able to do) but I have no idea how to go about it- I'm not one of those single mother's with dependents who'd be at risk if I passed out or whatever, I'm just a 25 year old girl who, despite trying her hardest, and doing everything she's been asked to do, cannot control her blood sugars! I do have anxiety and fear of hypos (and have had more than I can count where I haven't recognised it and someone's had to step in and help me) and I am soon to be starting university which means spending a lot of time on my own for the first time ever (I've always been surrounded by family who can keep an eye on me) so I guess I should mention that but does anyone have any recommendations about how to go about asking for this?
And to those of you who get it funded, what was your situation? What was the reason you were allowed to have it?

Thanks guys,

Sarah