Advice on Low calorie diet welcome

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When diagnosed I reduced my carb consumption. I know from previous experience that low calorie diets cause me grief.
I reduced carbs to 50 gm a day, and in 6 months I was in the normal range for blood glucose, but my Hba1c has never gone below 42 even though I reduced down to 40 gm of carbs maximum.
I can't see any reason to struggle against the status quo. I eat twice a day and am never hungry.
If I eat more carbs then my weight increases - but it always did.
I can't really describe being diabetic as having a dreadful disease which requires drastic action to get rid of it. If I go on as I am at the moment for the rest of my life I will be quite content. Striving and struggling to be able to eat carbs again just isn't worth it to my way of thinking.

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
If anyone has any advice for me I should be pleased to hear it. I have been doing a vlc diet for a bit over a month now and am desperate for it to succeed, though as I have had T2 for 4 years now, I understand that my chances of success are correspondingly reduced, as too many of my beta cells could have been damaged by now.

My suggestion would be to Download the “lose it” app I lost around 7 stone on it, I’ve now started low carb for the past 4 months. It helps you keep on track, you can scan foods so you know what’s in it. hope this helps