Advice on low carb diet possible side effects

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not all countries use commas and full stops within numbers in the same way. In the English-speaking world of science, for example, 1,200 means one thousand two hundred and 1.200 means one plus two tenths.

1,200 mg is therefore the same as 1.2 g.

Read please the rules in the SI system of units.
England has accepted it. There is no excuse for that.
Your explanation is from the stone age and not valid today.
This forum is international. Of that reason you shod take it in account and explain your
example also on a different writing mode, so you can avoid to be misunderstood..
Many in England do not respect SI system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You are very rude.
Being rude will not encourage anyone to accept your arguments, and will make people put you on IGNORE.

In addition, the UK consistently uses the decimal point not a comma, exactly in the way @Dark Horse describes.
Insults will not change this fact.

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You are very rude.
Being rude will not encourage anyone to accept your arguments, and will make people put you on IGNORE.

In addition, the UK consistently uses the decimal point not a comma, exactly in the way @Dark Horse orse describes.

If your intension is to be understood from all in this international forum even you are English, then you shod respect another people. I think you are rude and not me.
I know, you in England also drive in the wrong side of the rout.

Dark Horse

Read please the rules in the SI system of units.
England has accepted it. There is no excuse for that.
  • The 10th resolution of CGPM in 2003 declared that "the symbol for the decimal marker shall be either the point on the line or the comma on the line." In practice, the decimal point is used in English-speaking countries and most of Asia, and the comma in most of Latin America and in continental European languages.[54]
Above is an extract from Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units but it is corroborated here.
http://www.bipm.org/en/CGPM/db/22/10/

Although English-speaking countries generally use a comma to separate groups of 3 numbers, e.g. 1,000,000 for one million, in theory they should omit commas when publishing in the scientific literature. However, this doesn't always happen and may depend on the "house style" of the journal.

Reactions: 2 people

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
  • The 10th resolution of CGPM in 2003 declared that "the symbol for the decimal marker shall be either the point on the line or the comma on the line." In practice, the decimal point is used in English-speaking countries and most of Asia, and the comma in most of Latin America and in continental European languages.[54]
Above is an extract from Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units but it is corroborated here.
http://www.bipm.org/en/CGPM/db/22/10/

Although English-speaking countries generally use a comma to separate groups of 3 numbers, e.g. 1,000,000 for one million, in theory they should omit commas when publishing in the scientific literature. However, this doesn't always happen and may depend on the "house style" of the journal.

I know that, but as we are on the international forum, then we must take consideration for another people who do not use English notation. You shod has written 1.2 g/day and not 1,200 mg/day. If you have written 1,200,000 microgram/day it will be more confused. If you have omit the commas, and write 1 200 mg/ day it will be OK for me.
Below is the link for the countries who use different marker. I regret that the SI system is not perfect in this side. It make complications in many disciplines.

Have a nice day

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You are very rude.

In addition, the UK consistently uses the decimal point not a comma, exactly in the way @Dark Horse describes.

You write:
"Being rude will not encourage anyone to accept your arguments, and will make people put you on IGNORE." Do you really mean that?
How can I take you serious when you write in different letters different diagnoses you have.
No one person who work with medical problems can understand you. You must be from another world and not human being.
You start with Reactive hypoglycaemia, then You are converted to T2DM and now you are free for T2DM. You generally recommends to all diabetics to use Low-Carb diet, without to know what complication carry that. I recommend to you to be serious and many people shod put you on IGNORE.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You write:
"Being rude will not encourage anyone to accept your arguments, and will make people put you on IGNORE." Do you really mean that?
How can I take you serious when you write in different letters different diagnoses you have.
No one person who work with medical problems can understand you. You must be from another world and not human being.
You start with Reactive hypoglycaemia, then You are converted to T2DM and now you are free for T2DM. You generally recommends to all diabetics to use Low-Carb diet, without to know what complication carry that. I recommend to you to be serious and many people shod put you on IGNORE.

I would answer you, but I am putting you on IGNORE (for rudeness).

:D

Reactions: lovinglife

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seems miles away from my original post. J
If the symptoms are one sided as you described in your OP then it does suggest a nerve complaint rather than a complication from diet or vit deficiency. Your explanation of it possibly being posture related sounds relevant and a compressed nerve either in the leg or possibly in the spine could be to blame. A trapped nerve is usually painful, but compression effects are more subtle. I think if it had been vascular in nature then there would be other effects showing by now. such as skin discolouration or bruising. Vit B suppplemenation is worth considering anyway since diabetes tends to flush these out (compared to 'normals').

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
C

catherinecherub

Some posts have been deleted as moderator intervention has fallen on deaf ears. What is it that people do not understand about thread derailing and arguments that have nothing to do with the support that the OP is asking for?
Seems miles away from my original post. J