Advice on muscle pain

Sabantha

Hi, I'm a type 1 diabetic 26years old and 15years db. I rebelled as a teenager but for my 20s had pretty good control up until my 2nd baby (he's 1) I had the most awful pregnancy with sickness which lead to being in hospital a good 5months of pregnancy, constant hypos with highs hitting roof soon after. Hospital delivered my little 1 at 34wks, he was healthy 7lbs 7oz. My diabetes didn't bounce back as expected by my fantastic team, since then it's been so erratic and not through lack of trying, so the complications I'm having are...
Serious muscle pain in legs and arms, stairs are excruciating and lifting my little boy is hard work!! Everything is a effort, I can no longer manage my gym classes as pain is terrible. Tests all done and came back as vitamin d deficient - after 3 months on vitamin d still no improvement. I'm going Friday to get my cortisol levels checked ?! Not sure what this may effect?! My entire life has changed in last year, had to drop hours at work because I couldn't manage full time. I'm shocked as my control was so good. I get every infection going and they are made so much worse because sugars are like yoyo.

Amy advice, experience of aching muscles cortisol tests?!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

desidiabulum

Muscle pain can be a symptom of many things -- high cortisol levels would make sense of most of your symptoms, but another possible cause that is often missed in vitamin B12 deficiency. I assume that you will have been checked for this, but it's worth asking to make sure. I hope that you're able to get to the bottom of the problem.