Advice on treatment options

KB1978

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

I’ve recently been diagnosed after a OGTT showed 0 hours 8.4 and after 2 hours 11.4 hba1c was 46
So not overly high but nevertheless I was told I was diabetic

I also have an autoimmune underactive thyroid and PCOS too thyroid is treated with thyroxine and also t3

I have been discussing various treatment options as I’ve got a few issues so an option is the mini pill and spironolactone for PCOS and saxenda or victoza which I think it’s also know as

My weight is an issuer I’ve gained 4.5 since my thyroid diagnosis in 3 years and my bmi is 36

Does anyone else take a combination of these drugs?

I was on metformin for PCOS but felt it didn’t make any difference this was before my diabetes diagnosis

Thanks

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All

I’ve recently been diagnosed after a OGTT showed 0 hours 8.4 and after 2 hours 11.4 hba1c was 46
So not overly high but nevertheless I was told I was diabetic

I also have an autoimmune underactive thyroid and PCOS too thyroid is treated with thyroxine and also t3

I have been discussing various treatment options as I’ve got a few issues so an option is the mini pill and spironolactone for PCOS and saxenda or victoza which I think it’s also know as

My weight is an issuer I’ve gained 4.5 since my thyroid diagnosis in 3 years and my bmi is 36

Does anyone else take a combination of these drugs?

I was on metformin for PCOS but felt it didn’t make any difference this was before my diabetes diagnosis

Thanks
Hello @KB1978 ,

You posted this in the "T2 diabetes with insulin" section, but I gather you're not on insulin...? And you're not going to be for a good long while yet, if at all. So, yay! Your numbers are just in the diabetic range and should be able to come down with a "diet only" approach. Which in turn would also affect your PCOS (which is what gave you insulin resistance in the first place) and your weight, so that could be a win? I don't know if you want to go down that road, but I'm only on a smidge of thyroid hormones for my Hashi's now, so as your body changes due to possible steps you take, keep having those levels checked as well, as your needs might change along with your weight and whatnot. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- have a read, see whether you think this is workable for you. Quite a few people here have cut out carbs to some extent, some a lot, some just a few, and got excellent results. I've been (diabetes) medication- and complication-free for almost 4 years now. So it is quite do-able.

Good luck!
Jo

KB1978

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Jo

No I’m not I’m still getting my head around the posting! :)

Thank you I’m feeling a bit down atm really it seems to be one thing after another
I’ve been trying to follow a no carb diet for the past week and been monitoring my levels and fasting in the morning seems to be the highest at anything from 7.7-8.7 but the during the day and 2 hours after meals around 6.8 so it’s not too bad

I was on metformin but came it for 6 months to have a load of bloods done which I could only have done during a period which they stopped too so they think possibly the metformin was keeping it under control

Never mind I’m getting there x