Advice

Cabrinil2018

Hey i need advice so recently everytime i go out now i feel like im having panick and anxiety attacks and symptoms of low blood sugar example of them are shaking light head and feel like passing out and when i go home i check them they are normal or a bit high and now im scared to leave the house incase i do have low b.s and something actually happens does anyone else experience this

Awiiiiin

Yes I do but I also don't know the reason I have every symptom of a low blood sugar and I'm not really low

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hey i need advice so recently everytime i go out now i feel like im having panick and anxiety attacks and symptoms of low blood sugar example of them are shaking light head and feel like passing out and when i go home i check them they are normal or a bit high and now im scared to leave the house incase i do have low b.s and something actually happens does anyone else experience this
Hi again,
The advice you are trying to get is to do with getting the correct tests done for a true diagnosis.
I can advise you to diet, be aware of certain foods, avoid sugary drinks and so on. But you will know that from our forum. A food diary to help you and your doctor to understand what is happening with your blood glucose levels.
Whatever it is, with the hypos, being non diabetic, not on meds that effect blood glucose levels, your GP and nurse will probably not have the training into Hypoglycaemia. So a referral to an experienced endocrinologist, who has the authorisation to get you the tests.

I was misdiagnosed with T2, it took me over a decade to get the tests. If it is not hypoglycaemia, you still need tests to find out why you are going hypo. You may have to be insistent and bully your doctor to get the referral you need. There are a number of conditions that it could be. And it needs investigating.

Keep asking if in doubt of anything.

Best wishes.

Reactions: PapaSanHawaii

Cabrinil2018

Hi again,
The advice you are trying to get is to do with getting the correct tests done for a true diagnosis.
I can advise you to diet, be aware of certain foods, avoid sugary drinks and so on. But you will know that from our forum. A food diary to help you and your doctor to understand what is happening with your blood glucose levels.
Whatever it is, with the hypos, being non diabetic, not on meds that effect blood glucose levels, your GP and nurse will probably not have the training into Hypoglycaemia. So a referral to an experienced endocrinologist, who has the authorisation to get you the tests.

I was misdiagnosed with T2, it took me over a decade to get the tests. If it is not hypoglycaemia, you still need tests to find out why you are going hypo. You may have to be insistent and bully your doctor to get the referral you need. There are a number of conditions that it could be. And it needs investigating.

Keep asking if in doubt of anything.

Best wishes.

Thing is I do diet and watch what I eat and don't drink fizzy drinks I've been doing that since I was diagnosed in May 2021 so I no its not that... I am on meds and I will keep at my Dr cause honestly I can't deal with feeling like this anymore

Reactions: Lamont D

LouisSunny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I feel exactly the same when I go out on my own. I’m having really high levels of anxiety at the moment. I am type 2 with RH. It can be so overwhelming I feel for you.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @LouisSunny it is great to hear from you again.
How are you coping? Have you got them hypos under control? Got your hba1c into normal levels?
Anxiety is a symptom of RH. And not unusual. I have improved so much since I had counselling and given the tools to use, to face my issues.

Best wishes

Reactions: PapaSanHawaii