After Seeing Consultant..... A Load Of Contractions!!

meardonna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So have had diabetes a year, thoufh the past few months haven't been typical lol, an understatement!!

In hospital was on insulin then onto glycizide when i was allowed to eat again. The dose was 1,twice a day, but then diabetic nurse put it up to 2 twice a day.

Wet to see consultant, hes not seen me since before i became so ill. He commented on my weight losss, well yep i can think of much better ways to lose some weight, not that I was big to begin with as actually this weight loss has caused a lot of nightmares!!!

He then looked at my hbac and aldo my readings crom doing my bloods and commented on all the lows in the morning, i told him about my fizzy spells and fainting. He said my hbac is very low, lower thancwhete he'd planned for it to be. So lowered the glyclizide dose right down. The dibetic nurse had dismissed my concerns about low blood sugars in mornings.

He then told me to stop checking bloods so often, sayim you dont have to record aftef food and the apps encourage you to do that the trsting strips companies can get more money etc!

It is still going to be a rollercoaster i think as have only even eating properly for about 3,weeks. Wish diabetic nurse and consultant were on same page lol

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear - your dr has got the wrong end of the stick - if you think of reducing the testing keep the after meal tests, not the before - that is for type ones who need to know where they start from, not where they have finished up.
How else can you know if you are having spikes after meals through eating too many carbs for you to cope with?
I hope that your return to health continues and that you soon lose the fainting and dizziness.