Ahhhhh fed up

louch1

Sorry I want to have a grumble. I am a type 2 diabetic. Today I have been so good with my diet. I eat sensibly, run3 times per week , drink lots if water. I even went out for 2x30 minute walks today .I take my medication but today all my blood sugar levels want to do is rise. It's over 10 And I am feeling well .I wish I had eaten or drank something to make it do this. Sorry I do get fed up trying to control it when all it wants to do is rise . :- (

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I want to have a grumble. I am a type 2 diabetic. Today I have been so good with my diet. I eat sensibly, run3 times per week , drink lots if water. I even went out for 2x30 minute walks today .I take my medication but today all my blood sugar levels want to do is rise. It's over 10 And I am feeling well .I wish I had eaten or drank something to make it do this. Sorry I do get fed up trying to control it when all it wants to do is rise . :- (

Hello there.

Has your level been going up all day, or just at one point? Was it before/after exercise and were you hungry, or had you eaten?

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
What has your BG been like over the last few days and weeks?

G

graj0

I eat sensibly . . . . . . . . . .
Undoubtedly the exercise is good news and will obviously affect your BG readings, depending on how much exercise.
The answer to your conundrum may be in the "I eat sensibly . . . . ." It would be wrong of me to assume anything so I must ask "How many carbs?"
I cut out bread/pasta/rice/potato but eat loads of veg (also some carbs) so down to 80 gms carb a day. I know that my PT would have me eating loads of carbs for energy but sadly my body just stores it as fat and doesn't produce ATP for my muscles, so low carb suits me.

Reactions: 3 people