Airport Scanners

tircoed

I’m travelling next weekend for the first time since having a pump. I have an Omnipod can anyone advise me regarding scanners at the airport.

Thanks

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Here's what Omnipod say - taken from: https://www.myomnipod.com/safety pretty sure if you search onthis forum there are references to IDD's travelling through airport body scanners with no issues. Always best to check with your team first though.

As far as I'm aware its the only pump that's approved, but not looked for some while so there might be others.

Airports and Flying
Pod and PDMs can safely pass through airport X-ray machines. The Pod and PDM can tolerate common electromagnetic and electrostatic fields, including airport security and cellular phones.

The PDM controls the Pod using Bluetooth wireless technology. Before flying, check your airline's policy regarding the use of Personal Medical Electronic Devices that communicate using Bluetooth technology.

If use of a Personal Electronic Device using Bluetooth technology is allowed, set your PDM to airplane mode while on the airplane. The Bluetooth setting remains enabled in the PDM's airplane mode so you can communicate with your Pod and BG meter. Airplane mode turns off your PDM's Wi-Fi connectivity.

Note: The Omnipod DASH™ System is safe to use at atmospheric pressures typically found in airplane cabins during flight. The Omnipod DASH™ System can be used at atmospheric pressures as low as 700hPA, which is lower than the typical pressure in airplane cabins.

Warning: The atmospheric pressure in an airplane cabin can change during flight, which may affect the Pod’s insulin delivery. Check your blood glucose frequently while flying. If needed, follow your healthcare provider’s treatment instructions.

Reactions: tircoed