Alcohol Wipes

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
With the news that as of this month Abbott will no longer be providing alcohol wipes with the Libre does anyone know where I could get my hands on some that are larger than what's supplied with them? xx

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
I just received OptiPro 70%Alcohol pre-injection wipes (100 per box) £4.49 on A prime. They measure 6.5cm x 3cm.
I think they are about the same size as the ones Abbott supplied.
So avoid these if you need bigger ones!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used to get some from Amazon that weren't too hideously priced, though that was before Covid, since then they became a lot more expensive though :( You can get containers than have 4"x4" (ish) wipes in them.
Admittedly the last lot I got weren't actually that good and dried out very quickly once taken out of the container

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
I used to get some from Amazon that weren't too hideously priced, though that was before Covid, since then they became a lot more expensive though :( You can get containers than have 4"x4" (ish) wipes in them.
Admittedly the last lot I got weren't actually that good and dried out very quickly once taken out of the container
I looked at the 4"x4" wipes in tubs, but put off by the negative reviews.
I checked box with my very next libre and it didn't have any wipes in, so I just ordered a box to get over a problem.
Could you get this on repeat prescription?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I first went onto Libre my DN told me not to bother using those wipes. She said as long as your arm is clean it's your own bacteria and wiping was a waste of time. Each to their own of course but I never use them.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I first went onto Libre my DN told me not to bother using those wipes. She said as long as your arm is clean it's your own bacteria and wiping was a waste of time. Each to their own of course but I never use them.
I actually find the alcohol wipes really useful for getting the sticky stuff off my arm afterwards :) - sticks to me like superglue.
But yeah, as you say, each to their own :)

Reactions: oldgreymare

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes though there feels like a "layer" of moisturiser is left on my arm after my shower though so I feel better getting that off before applying xx