all alone

VAJ1985

Well, I'm sorry if I upset anyone. I guess it's my (not very clever) way of trying to help people to see that life could be worse. I was trying to, err, 'inspire' people but that doesn't mean I don't have empathy. I certainly do feel sorry for anyone who feels lonely, whatever their life situation. When I spoke of wallowing, I was referring specifically to a group I attended which I think scared us kids more than is necessary, I wasn't referring to people on here who obviously have specific concerns about the condition (myself included, as I came on here to get some advice too). My sister and friend both got T1 suddenly as teenagers and adapted well, but I would be interested to talk to them about how it felt to suddenly get diabetes 'overnight' because obviously, I can't remember.

I don't want people to assume I've had it easy, though - I was undiagnosed by our GP for a month and was admitted to hospital in a coma. And, like some of you I'm sure, have had to stay in hospital several times, including when I had chicken pox which affected my diabetes. So I certainly know how it feels to be 'different' to my friends at school.

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
Crocs, Bluetooth headsets, Sun newspaper, Injustice, Robert Mugabe, Australian soap operas, Dodgy Casting Agencies and Cotton wool
Then, maybe I misunderstood your post and what you were trying to put across within it.

I apologise

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Maybe we're all having a bad day. I got up this am after a ****** nights sleep and all I've done so far is cry. I've even been throwing stuff around the house (so unlike me), in response to the 'well why have you stopped excercising' 'you were doing so well'. It didn't help!
I've put on all the weight I lost low carbing even tho' I'm still low carbing. I feel fat even tho' I'm only a stone overweight but it's all on my belly.
Not usually one to moan or complain but today I am. And here's hoping tomorrow is better.
Hugs all round.

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
Crocs, Bluetooth headsets, Sun newspaper, Injustice, Robert Mugabe, Australian soap operas, Dodgy Casting Agencies and Cotton wool
dawnmc said:
Maybe we're all having a bad day. I got up this am after a ****** nights sleep and all I've done so far is cry. I've even been throwing stuff around the house (so unlike me), in response to the 'well why have you stopped excercising' 'you were doing so well'. It didn't help!
I've put on all the weight I lost low carbing even tho' I'm still low carbing. I feel fat even tho' I'm only a stone overweight but it's all on my belly.
Not usually one to moan or complain but today I am. And here's hoping tomorrow is better.
Hugs all round.

Sorry to hear you are having such a bad day today, hope tomorrow is better. This weight issue seems to be a constant in this forum, myself included, worrying sbout all the weight I lost going back on now I am using Lantus.

always remember.... it can't rain all the time :D

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thankyou Jane.
Actually Stevie we have thunder storms and lightning here at the mo, and the forecast looks no brighter lol

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
dawnmc said:
Thankyou Jane.
Actually Stevie we have thunder storms and lightning here at the mo, and the forecast looks no brighter lol

Strange enough, as i hit submit, huge clap of thunder went off..... have to admire the irony there!

onthegow

Hi head323
I know what you mean.
I have a family but feel frustrated I hope they never have to feel like I do but on the other hand I wish they could understand without always trying to come up with solutions. I'm sure they don't mean it like that and its more probable its me. Some days are good some are not so good but holidays are the best time forget all about diabetes and get on with my life. Wish it was like that all the time but I have to work. Stay smiling.

hails

I neither feel sorry for myself or wallow in self pity. I am in fact very out going, im happy generally and I do everything I like to do. For someone like me whos carb ratios change every 4 or so days I struggle with any control and it would be nice to speak to people who truely understand what it is like to have to battle against something which has no pattern. I am sure this is the case for quite a lot of diabetics. There are no groups in my area and I have no diabetic friends so its essentially the forum I come to, this enables me to see how other people feel about things

Yes I am 'okay' out of hypos etc but this doesnt mean that when my levels arent good I 'feel okay emotionally' - infact its proven irratic levels causes problems with stable moods

You are very lucky if you have a clear pattern and can keep your levels neat. Or if not then you are lucky that it doesnt affect your emotional wellbeing.

Sorry to rant but I dont think what was said was fair

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
Am sure that at some point the condition has felt like a slap round the face with a large trout, (at least it was a no carb slap!)

Dealing with Diabetes is going to be different for everyone and everyone will have different experiences and coping stratergies.
That's why this forum is so important, to hopefully help people feeling this way to realise that although they may feel alone, that actually they are not. They can come here and intreact with many people with the same condition, concerns, fears and feelings. This will hopefully help anyone who comes here with this frame of mind. We may not always agree with one another, but we can all agree on one thing. We have this condition and we are truely not alone with it, when we all have each other.

I really do not think I have ever written anything as soppy as this before :oops:

llandudno1960

hi just read your post really not soppy but very true this forum has helped me have a much more positive attitude on coping with diabetes and when i do feel alone i just read other posts with their problems, ta dawn :)

Stevie2tone

Dislikes
llandudno1960 said:
hi just read your post really not soppy but very true this forum has helped me have a much more positive attitude on coping with diabetes and when i do feel alone i just read other posts with their problems, ta dawn :)

You are too kind!! :)