All down to you guys and gals

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At the health center this morning for an appointment, wasn't sure what it was for. I was surprised that she did an HbA1c test there and then. She had a hand held thing.

mySugr app, based on data entered from 1st April is 40.1.

Her gizmo said 35. She said she had never seen such a big drop, it was 122 in November.

This is entirely down to the information on this site from all of you wonderful people. So a massive thank you to one and all.

Husband is taking me to the farm shop at Tebay to celebrate!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! What a nice surprise! I guess she used an A1C Now machine?

Reactions: Freema

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you Rachox, I never thought to ask her what it was called. I have an appointment in June for the lab test, she said to keep the appointment to make sure I am still on track.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news well done indeed.. you did all the work we just pointed you in the right direction.

Reactions: xfieldok

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done, @xfieldok. Great news - that's a tremendous drop! Harvey Nicks AND the Tebay shop, imho! (That farm shop is fab, same owner as the one here on the M5. I go mad..... Go mad too! :D)

Edited to add: I've had a quick look in the 'What have you eaten today thread' but can't see you - I'd be very interested in a typical day's meals or an idea of what you eat, if you are able to post that. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Sue192 thanks! Breakfast is generally sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, not all at once! The farm shop sells Doreen's black pudding which I adore. I phoned the company to ask about carb content and they said it is around 14g per 100g. I find a tiny piece lifts the meal into the stratosphere!

Lunch is usually around 5g carb, a couple of either Carr's water biscuits or Peter's Yard small crackers they are 2 carbs per biscuit. Toppings vary, cheese, pate, Philly a cherry tomato.

Findlaters (spelling) do a fab pate of avocado and cashew, shelf empty at the farm shop.

Dinner varies a lot. Last night it was duck breast and kale. Tonight it will be smoked trout, English asparagus, cherry tomato, husband will have potatoes.

Dessert is usually berries and cream, either at lunch or dinner. Sometimes I make chocolate keto cake. The quantities on line make enough to fit in 2 ramakins so husband and I have one each served with cream and sometimes berries.

It's a hard life!

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sue192 thanks! Breakfast is generally sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, not all at once! The farm shop sells Doreen's black pudding which I adore. I phoned the company to ask about carb content and they said it is around 14g per 100g. I find a tiny piece lifts the meal into the stratosphere!

Lunch is usually around 5g carb, a couple of either Carr's water biscuits or Peter's Yard small crackers they are 2 carbs per biscuit. Toppings vary, cheese, pate, Philly a cherry tomato.

Findlaters (spelling) do a fab pate of avocado and cashew, shelf empty at the farm shop.

Dinner varies a lot. Last night it was duck breast and kale. Tonight it will be smoked trout, English asparagus, cherry tomato, husband will have potatoes.

Dessert is usually berries and cream, either at lunch or dinner. Sometimes I make chocolate keto cake. The quantities on line make enough to fit in 2 ramakins so husband and I have one each served with cream and sometimes berries.

It's a hard life!
Many thanks for your reply @xfieldok - much appreciated, it's really helpful. I agree with the black pudding effect - no full English is complete without it. Yummy-tasting meals all round, and that pate especially.

Reactions: xfieldok