Allergy to Infusion Set Adhesive

auswi

Hello,

Has anyone had a minor or major reaction to the Infusion Set adhesive or the adhesive used on the Guardian Sensor 3 when you click it into your body. I seem to come out in a small welt when I remove the infusion set after 3 days and now wondering if the same will happen with the guardian sensor 3 adhesive.

I am using the Mio Infusion Set

Try to change location however sometimes the Infusion set is on the same side as the Sensor and transmitter.

I am only using the infusion set on my abdomen at the front and the CGM also front of Abdomen

Any help appriciated

Cheers

Wayne

Last edited:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @auswi

I was on the mio sets but also suffered bad reactions to the adhesive, I used Cavlon spray which is a barrier spray and this helped, but also didn't get on with the plastic cannula that sat beneath the skin either, so now use Sure t sets and have no issues.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I puff my steroid inhaler onto the site before inserting a sensor or Mio. It helps me, however I don't know how GPs would feel about prescribing the inhaler for non-asthmatics.

JLC73

Yeah we have had this with our son. We had about a month or two of using the Guardian 3 to great effect. Then it started to really irritate him, he would be constantly itching at it and it would leave a red, graze like mark. It also started failing very quickly after insertion and our son became really fed up with it. We were told the glue had been changed as a lot of people were finding the glue irritating. Unfortunately for our son it was the new glue he was allergic to. Now on the Libre. A shame because it really is great kit. J

Hello,

Has anyone had a minor or major reaction to the Infusion Set adhesive or the adhesive used on the Guardian Sensor 3 when you click it into your body. I seem to come out in a small welt when I remove the infusion set after 3 days and now wondering if the same will happen with the guardian sensor 3 adhesive.

I am using the Mio Infusion Set

Try to change location however sometimes the Infusion set is on the same side as the Sensor and transmitter.

I am only using the infusion set on my abdomen at the front and the CGM also front of Abdomen

Any help appriciated

Cheers

Wayne