ally1,s BS levels

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Levels still high ish in morning Ally. I would speak to your DSN about this as it will impact on your hba1c levels.
It may be just changing the time you take a tablet or adding something in to your teatime med.. Worth checking out as your other readings are pretty **** good generally..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Levels still high ish in morning Ally. I would speak to your DSN about this as it will impact on your hba1c levels.
It may be just changing the time you take a tablet or adding something in to your teatime med.. Worth checking out as your other readings are pretty **** good generally..
Hi Ally, I agree with Donnelysdogs, everyhting seem's pretty good except for the fasting. Are you getting the exercise Ally, and is the weight still coming down?

Neil

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
@ally1

With respect, you should Ally. Track your BS to weight loss. For many T2s, they are not independent

Mike :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The higher morning levels concern me.. May just need a little tweak with the timing of your meds Ally.. However, it will be worth having a chat with your dsn and getting a weigh in a well. You drop so nicely that it may just mean a little tweak to get those overnight fasting levels down to under 8.0 they are a tad too high...

Reactions: 8 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do follow your progress and wish you well, but as you know, every couple of months I drop in and say. I think you should see the Dr for more meds. last time was to say how good it was for them to up'ed your metformin.
without the lecture...long term health is getting your BG in range, however it's done
you can always drop the meds/insulin later, as your BG improves
I would want an overnight medium action [12 hr] basal insulin

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@daddys1 i,ve no idea about my weight as i have not been weighing myself
Hi Ally, 'Weight loss' is one of the major contributors to getting your numbers under control.

It can be done slowly, but you at least need to know you are moving in the right direction regarding your weight.

All of this can be very hard, and you have struggled through some enormous challenges with your numbers and good on you for doing so. Somehow though we have to get your fasting numbers down.

A good walk for say 30 mins a day will make all the difference also.

Neil

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'm no expert, but I'd almost guarantee this is down to gradual weight loss @ally1

You have done amazing (REALLY amazing) things ..... keep going :)

Mike

Reactions: 6 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
fasting 10.6

breakfast 10 and 10.2