Almond milk in coffee, just tried to make it.

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I threw the first cup away as it looked like a curdled mess.

2nd cup, I let it cool down a little before putting in the milk, then stirred and it looked perfect. Then about 3 mins later it looked black. I tried stiring it again and it looked fine for a short while.

In the end I kept a spoon in the cup and simply stirred it before I took each sip. Is this the way it works with Almond milk, or am I doing something wrong (if it makes any difference, I am using Morrisons own make, unsweetened). Taster 100 times better than black coffee.

While I don't mind black coffee ( lately it feels like doesn't sit well in my stomach) I much prefer some form of milk.

Coconut is one of the few things on this planet I can't pallet. When on Keto, just having a few coffees a day with lactose free milk stops my weight loss, hence needed to try alternatives. And as I needed Almond milk for my pancakes, I thought I'd give it a try, and was pleasantly surprised with how nice it tasted

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I threw the first cup away as it looked like a curdled mess.

2nd cup, I let it cool down a little before putting in the milk, then stirred and it looked perfect. Then about 3 mins later it looked black. I tried stiring it again and it looked fine for a short while.

In the end I kept a spoon in the cup and simply stirred it before I took each sip. Is this the way it works with Almond milk, or am I doing something wrong (if it makes any difference, I am using Morrisons own make, unsweetened). Taster 100 times better than black coffee.

While I don't mind black coffee ( lately it feels like doesn't sit well in my stomach) I much prefer some form of milk.

Coconut is one of the few things on this planet I can't pallet. When on Keto, just having a few coffees a day with lactose free milk stops my weight loss, hence needed to try alternatives. And as I needed Almond milk for my pancakes, I thought I'd give it a try, and was pleasantly surprised with how nice it tasted

Double cream? That's what I use..

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't imagine any alternative milks in my tea or coffee or even cream no it has to be normal milk for me

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Even though there are 3 carbs/8 oz, I use about half a cup of unsweetened un-messed-with soy milk as my starter, because I’d feel guilty adding half a cup of cream! Then cream with that.

Reactions: Speedbird

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee with double cream for me! Yummy! In fact, I've just finished a cup

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
40ml of cows milk has less than 2g of carbs so might be ok if you are not on a very low carb regime and you don't have many cups of coffee. (cream ruins the taste of coffee in my opinion).

M

Member496333

Coffee with double cream is my only vice. Left to my own devices I could drink it constantly all day long. I’m teetotal so it tends to be my beverage of choice on a weekend evening watching movies or whatever. Sprinkles of organic cinnamon and cocoa powder for a chocolate twist on top. Yummy scrummy in my tummy.

Coffee without cream tastes like watery tarmac.

Reactions: Starfish18

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm not keen on buying almond milk made from California almonds and don't often see other options.
I've tried coconut milk but more than a little is too strong, and cream is too sickly.
So I have a coffee with a mix of cows full fat, cream and coconut milk - takes more time to make but tastes fine to me.

I have found some cheap cashew pieces so am going to try making my own cashew milk.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try alpro unsweetened almond milk, it doesn’t cuddle. Lower in carb than double cream but I agree double cream in coffee taste better :)

Reactions: DJC3