1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Alogliptin? Sitagliptin?

Discussion in 'Other Diabetic Medications' started by LittleGreyCat, Dec 2, 2021.

1. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

2. DEBBIESCOTT

DEBBIESCOTT MODY · Well-Known Member

I had alogliptin for 2 days did nothing for my blood sugar & had an allergic reaction to it, never again
    It may suit you though we’re all different

3. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Noting that glyptins are DPP-4 inhibitors and the descriptions that I posted up top are a bit misleading (and confused me).
    https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-t...lets-and-medication/dpp-4-inhibitors-gliptins
    "
    DPP-4 inhibitors work by blocking the action of DPP-4, an enzyme which destroys the hormone incretin.

Incretins help the body produce more insulin only when it is needed and reduce the amount of glucose being produced by the liver when it is not needed. These hormones are released throughout the day and levels are increased at meal times.
    "

So it may reduce DP and make my insulin production last longer.
    This sounds better than turning the wick up on my pancreas.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook