Altenatives to Bread.

5Terry

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being alone and having little or no money to enjoy the hobbies I like to do.
I am loking for alternatives to bead as at the moment I have a small slice of a seeced bread with pouhed orr scrambled eggs twice a week or on days when I am not at home.
It would be great to something esle to substutuate for. bread. I have tried rice cakes and corn bread and find them to bland and give me an upset stomac. I am still getting to grips to cooking food from fresh and what I can eat.

Any advice is very welcome. Have agreat day.

Terry.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You can make 90 second bread - basically ground almonds, egg, baking powder, salt, and butter or oil. takes longer to mix than cook but is very easy. It makes two portions which are great split and lightly toasted - with BLT, cheese or even a small portion of a no added sugar marmalade.

I add a little cream cheese to my mix to cut the eggy flavour and a half a teaspoon of milled flaxseed.

several variants for the recipe online

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You are prediabetic and perhaps looking for an easy sub for bread; you don't have to give it up unless you are prone to bingeing or extremely insulin resistant. I have gotten used to rye bread/pumpernickel. It is very dense and chewy so 1 slice is enough . I take the fact that it goes off quite quickly as a good thing as in it is not very processed.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Hezzal

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am loking for alternatives to bead as at the moment I have a small slice of a seeced bread with pouhed orr scrambled eggs twice a week or on days when I am not at home.
It would be great to something esle to substutuate for. bread. I have tried rice cakes and corn bread and find them to bland and give me an upset stomac. I am still getting to grips to cooking food from fresh and what I can eat.

Any advice is very welcome. Have agreat day.

Terry.
This is the one I use, it's quite pricey but well worth it in my opinion https://www.seriouslylowcarb.com/

Enjoy!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I mostly try to avoid bread just getting used to leaving it off the menu altogether but very occasionally, especially for poached eggs, I have a slice of one I find in Sainasburys called Hi-Lo. I keep a loaf of it in the freezer (I'm on my 3rd in 2 years)
I also make and keep this in the freezer
https://www.ketofitnessclub.com/blogs/breads/cheesy-soda-bread
It makes excellent soldiers for dippy eggs

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
My preference since almost 10 years is to consume organically grown white beans or lentils of any color or chickpeas just cooked by boiling them in plain water. I replace even whole-grain bread with either of these. They are significantly low in GI compared with any type of bread and 100 gr cooked weight of them equals to 25 gr of sliced bread and they are preferable carbohydrates.

Also, almond flour bread is low carb and gluten-free too and organic one's available and do recommend for replacement for bread of any kind.

I do not use anything containing rice and corn in general since they are high in carbs and glisemik index.