Alternatives to Carb Zero

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone

Just reading some of Tom Kerridge's recipes and find many include Carb Zero. This appears to be difficult to source. Can anyone suggest a suitable readily available alternative please.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Carb Zero seems to be a special high fat emulsion for ketogenic diets. What to substitute would depend on the type of recipe, maybe oil, butter, cream?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Carb Zero seems to be a special high fat emulsion for ketogenic diets. What to substitute would depend on the type of recipe, maybe oil, butter, cream?

OK thanks, that was my first thought. I just wondered if anyone had tried the recipes and successfully substituted anything with good results. I was especially interested in flaxseed biscuits and yorkshire puddings

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
His Flaxseed Biscuits recipe in the Dopamine Diet book doesn't mention Carb Zero?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
His Flaxseed Biscuits recipe in the Dopamine Diet book doesn't mention Carb Zero?
The version I looked at came from Internet and has 100 gms of Carb Zero but the actual book is coming from Amazon tomorrow. What does the book actually use please?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The version I looked at came from Internet and has 100 gms of Carb Zero but the actual book is coming from Amazon tomorrow. What does the book actually use please?
Egg whites, erythritol, ground flaxseed, ground almonds, baking powder, salt.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hmm their recipe (carb zero) uses plain flour.. not keto at all where all grain products are avoided. Also the website gives no nutritional breakdown that I could find for their product. Looks like bandwagon jumping of the highest order. Suggest avoiding.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hmm their recipe (carb zero) uses plain flour.. not keto at all where all grain products are avoided. Also the website gives no nutritional breakdown that I could find for their product. Looks like bandwagon jumping of the highest order. Suggest avoiding.
Thanks for that both of you. I will wait for the book and use the recipe that uses almond rather than ordinary flour. I am not interested in keto but obviously as low carb as possible. The internet recipe I looked at came from MKD and used almond flour. It gave a carb value of 0.6 gms per 2 biscuits which would have had 5 gms flaxseed and 10 gms of almond flour.

Last edited:

kimlala

Trying to make a bread substitute, I made ground flax seed and jalapeno bread (adding a little bacon). The ground flax I use contains total carbs at 4g, dietary fiber 4 grams, calories 70, for serving size of 2 tbsps. It is most excellent, and fairly easy to make. Also, beneficial if someone has problems (due to LCHF) with constipation. :)

kimlala

1499029712025.jpg
My faxseed bread. Totally, gluten free all flaxs, egg, cheese, jalopenos, and pinch of baking powder.