ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Is there any fat in there? Not only will fat, like butter, slow the bs from the carbs and protein but it will be more satisfying. I need fat with all meals and snacks
My only exclusion is too many nuts, it seems.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
- If hungry before bed, after having evening meal earlier, I find a heaped tablespoon of full-fat yoghourt or a chunk of cheese helps a lot - no or very low carbs!
And a great liver block in the process!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I ALWAYS got hungry after a large meal. Ravenous actually. I always said I felt like insulin and blood sugar were bickering. The more full/ stuffed I was ( even bloated and pain) the hungrier I was.

Now I eat very small meals. ( You probably can’t even call them meals) and I eat them frequently. Something like a piece of deli meat with some avocado smashed in. Sometimes rolled in a lettuce leaf. Or a a few bites of some protein and avocado with a few celery sticks. Avo at all meals for me. The fat and fiber keep me full for awhile.
This allows me to take low doses of insulin and keeps my bg from big fluctuations. Which also staves off hunger.
Just protein and fat makes me hungry. Carbs, even a small portion of veggies without protein and fat make me hungry. I am very carb intolerant in multiple way so I just eat very few veggies but a little with each meal.
At th end of the day, the very small snack sized meals keeps everything happier.

I think, at least with me it’s keeping bg and insulin balanced.
Those small meals are my aim from bariatric surgery to squash insulin resistance and liver dumping.

Reactions: Kristin251

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Why do I always feel like I could eat a horse after having a large meal? Something to do with insulin levels?
Another theory is leptin resistance!!!

Caused by....
These include (21, 22): Inflammation: Inflammatory signalling in the hypothalamus is likely an important cause of leptin resistancein both animals and humans. Free fatty acids: Having elevated free fatty acids in the bloodstream may increase fat metabolites in the brain and interfere with leptin signalling

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve been doing LCHF for about ten days now, and I’m rarely hungry. When it was the other way around, I was starving all the time and could happily eat my own weight in carbs :rolleyes:

Reactions: ickihun

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another theory is leptin resistance!!!
Caused by....
These include (21, 22): Inflammation: Inflammatory signalling in the hypothalamus is likely an important cause of leptin resistancein both animals and humans. Free fatty acids: Having elevated free fatty acids in the bloodstream may increase fat metabolites in the brain and interfere with leptin signalling
As a follow up to this post (as I understand it). Leptin is a hormone (the fullness signal hormone) that is released by fat cells so the more fat on you the more Leptin is made and you tend to feel full as a result.

People who are type 2 tend to be also Leptin resistant besides Insulin resistant. With type 2 more Leptin is made if you put on weight but the receptors in your brain become resistant to the signal. So a vicious circle of hunger and weight gain occurs.

Unlike Insulin (which is another message hormone) however; injecting people with Leptin does not make these receptors finally accept the signal.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably 1/2 tablespoon. I cut up a block and just grab a piece that looks good lol. They all do
I’m still amazed at the consistent difference
Well I had a go last night. It felt very odd having a tablespoon of just pure butter in my mouth. But then it sort of melted into pure indulgence. Delicious. I had some more first thing this morning and it did not raise my BS.

Thank you. It’s will become my routine now.x

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I had a go last night. It felt very odd having a tablespoon of just pure butter in my mouth. But then it sort of melted into pure indulgence. Delicious. I had some more first thing this morning and it did not raise my BS.

Thank you. It’s will become my routine now.x
Good news. So it stopped DP ? Or just didn’t raise you?

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It just stopped it. I’m still experimenting. But I think I see a chink of light Thank you

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It just stopped it. I’m still experimenting. But I think I see a chink of light Thank you
Great. Mornings are always the hardest. I’m going to experiment with duck fat as Is I’m going 100% dairy free for awhile.
Mayo didn’t work last night but I think duck will be similar to butter and I know it tastes great.
I’ll use it in my morning broth

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ll use it in my morning broth
Kristin, I misread this as, "I'll use it in my morning BATH"! Well, with diabetes anything is possible. I daresay somewhere someone has written a book on curing diabetes which recommends bathing in duck fat!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
As a follow up to this post (as I understand it). Leptin is a hormone (the fullness signal hormone) that is released by fat cells so the more fat on you the more Leptin is made and you tend to feel full as a result.

People who are type 2 tend to be also Leptin resistant besides Insulin resistant. With type 2 more Leptin is made if you put on weight but the receptors in your brain become resistant to the signal. So a vicious circle of hunger and weight gain occurs.

Unlike Insulin (which is another message hormone) however; injecting people with Leptin does not make these receptors finally accept the signal.
Type2s have a pathway disorder. Blocked insulin and leptin (fatty acids maybe) pathways. Supplement R-ala which is an antioxidant work horse when ginseng isn't effective can help some right their confused signals and pathways.

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Is there any fat in there? Not only will fat, like butter, slow the bs from the carbs and protein but it will be more satisfying. I need fat with all meals and snacks
Thank you Kristin - salted butter/margerine which is available at the time to 'lubricate' the mixed veg - thank you for your answer

Reactions: ickihun